Gobble gobble doubling on wing

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by usmc60, Feb 28, 2016.

1. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Just found this one with some doubling on wing etkisp-5.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It looks like machine doubling to me, but it's difficult to tell because of the heavy black lines which, I assume, are an artifact of your close-up photos.

Chris

4. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Need to add a few more close-ups etterp-1-1.jpg

Attached Files:

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

If the second photo is oriented such that it is the top photo looking to the lower left, you can see the steplike height, which is an indication of machine doubling in the classical sense. However on modern single press die forming, it seems any machine slippage can cause multitudes of insignificant differences, people who make money classifying or selling them, label them DDO or DDR. I'm classical so Machine doubling. :)

6. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Not really happy with those photos I cannot get the proper perspective that I want to show you what I actually see I can only describe it to the best of my ability here are a couple of more photos and yes there close-ups

Attached Files:

7. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

00101101.JPG
    After re-examination, and at a 30° angle under 40 magnification it's a weird edge but it's a edge after all not a normal MD that's what kept throwing me off even the photos that I provided they are somewhat of an illusion maybe it's possible to get a close-up photo I'll give it another shot now that I know what angle to look at

8. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

I was able to get the angle that I wanted it's just a weird MD

Attached Files:

9. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Another unusual fine tw-1.jpg

10. SorenCoins

SorenCoins Well-Known Member

Looks just like the one I found! YAY. I have been keeping 2015 P and 2014 P coins and ive found errors in both years:)

11. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

I thought you'd like this thread, this bird has some different errors, if you're interested in what I have found you could look on page 15 and 21. But the one I'm still looking for is the rim cud. Cuds on coins has a good illustration of that one good luck in your hunting :blackalien:\V/

12. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Another interesting find :blackalien: gg-1-1.jpg

13. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

I guess further research has determined what we believe as machine doubling on the wing, is now considered a double die.? Sometimes you just don't know what to believe. Maybe it's just me I find all these weird listings on the web. Maybe some members can dig up some other research that proves this is MD not DD.:confused::blackalien:

Draft saved Draft deleted