Give Peace a chance

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by beaver96, Mar 7, 2021.

1. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

A visit to my LCS Friday scored me these. They give me a Peaceful easy feeling and some Peace of mind. c.jpg c2.jpg

CircCam, Tater, Skyman and 10 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Nice peace dollars what we all need some day.

beaver96 likes this.
  4. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

It looks like you were riding that Peace Train.

5. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

Peace be with you Brother Beaver.

steve westermeier and beaver96 like this.
  6. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

Coins can do that. They can get your mind off you troubles and your boredom when you can only occasionally leave the house. Thank goodness for this site. It has given me an outlet for my creativity, which has been curtailed since my local club is out of commission.

7. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Nice.
    You get to fly like The Eagles.

8. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

All that we are saying, is ...

9. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

If one were to find one of these in the streets in the town of New Haven, or near the palm trees of Venice, or the fantastic streets of LA, would it be a Peace Frog?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  10. Mike Thornton

Mike Thornton Learning something new everyday.

Nice pieces of Peace's.

11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I just love Peace Dollars.

beaver96 likes this.
  12. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Peace dollars are beautiful but Morgan's are gorgeous, in my opinion.

John Skelton and Mike Thornton like this.
  13. Mike Thornton

Mike Thornton Learning something new everyday.

I agree. The Peace is the less attractive sister.

14. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

Nicely put.

15. Mac McDonald

Would that be a six-peace...or Peace's of six...?

16. 1865King

1865King Well-Known Member

Peace dollars have always been an under rated series. I put together a mint state set a long time ago and then sold it off. I could put another set together for not much more than I paid 20 years ago. My set graded MS 61 to 63. However, if I wanted to do the same today as MS 66 1964 D Peace Dollar Die Pair 9.jpg or higher it would be extremely expensive. Once a Peace dollar qualifies as a high grade coin they are very hard to come by. I'm attaching a photo of a Peace dollar by Dan Carr. The chance of buying one at this grade level is almost zero and that's because it will take awhile to find one and then the cost will be expensive. I purchased the attached coin because of that reason.

beaver96 likes this.
  17. Mac McDonald

I'd heard of the 1964 Peace Dollar(s), but never followed up on it nor understood how not a single one remains (that has turned up or anyone knows of). So this replica example is by a Dan Carr and there are others of his...? Not familiar with him or his work, etc.

18. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Dan Carr is like the king of the modern hobo nickel society. Look him up. FYI, you're opening a can of worms here ;)

19. 1865King

1865King Well-Known Member

Either you like Dan Carr's work or you don't. I do mainly because he produces coins that either never existed or could have existed. As far as the real 1964 Peace dollars. They were made in 1964 and supposedly all melted and none released. However, there are stories of how some did get out legally but recalled. It is believed that not all were returned. So somewhere out there there could be some real 64's but, if they were to surface the secret service would likely come and take them. Dan does not produce any coins that are known to exist. The US Mint doesn't have a problem with his work. He is not counterfeiting any coins.

UncleScroge and masterswimmer like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted