Ghost and blobby mint mark

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by adelaide888, May 31, 2020.

1. adelaide888

adelaide888 Active Member

Is this anything? Thanks!

20200531_085009.jpg 20200531_085100.jpg

capthank likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. toned_morgan

toned_morgan Toning Lover

Not really. The "ghost" thing happens often and the mintmark is just mushed and squished from 90 years of being used. What is nice in this coin in the woody toning. On the reverse, you'll notice lighter lines, and that is called wood grain toning. It happens when the metals don't mix well.

4. adelaide888

;) everybody at church? Oops, not everybody. Thanks.

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

What? Church?
    I attend our Zoom Church Service anytime we have one. On now!

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Is this coin worth anything you ask? Yes, of course it is, one cent for sure. Lol I can see a slight ghosting effect on the reverse. Also looks like I'd might be a faint improper mix of the metals. That shows best on the reverse as well. It's a nice worn but clean looking coin. Tuck that one away.

7. adelaide888

Amazing, with all my weeks of learning, that the coin that I thought was really cool for two reasons turns out to be only slightly cool, for a reason that I hadn't even noticed. ;)

Collecting Nut likes this.
  8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

@adelaide888 don't give up just because your coin didn't make the standard or yours or anyone else expectations. It is a neat, old, circulated coin and I'd preserve it in a flip to enjoy.

adelaide888 likes this.
  9. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

Keep searching. If you enjoy chasing the penny you will have countless hours of fun and will learn a lot. If you want to go further go to some of the flea markets and look for someone selling bags of wheat pennies, discuss a price you can live with and start searching. The coins will have been searched and most likely you will not find a gold mine, but, you will have fun. A WORD OR CAUTION: Do not buy from those crooks on eBay that advertise UNSEARCHED rolls of wheat pennies. They do not exist and they want excessive $ for them. JMO
    Semper Fi

adelaide888 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted