Getting stale / boring

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaosleeroy108, Mar 8, 2021.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Probably the running. Running on pavement/sidewalks is pretty brutal on the knees especially if youre tall or bigger.

tommyc03 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Not tall but I ran track and cross country in high school. Hiked a lot especially on the Appalachian Trail (my avatar) as a teen. I had a banana seat bicycle that saw an average of 20 miles after school 5 days a week. Then there's the injuries I had on both knees as a teen. It all adds up but I didn't listen to my mother.

4. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Bless the mothers , the world would likely be much better if we listened to them. Mine was active and smart until 96, and then with all of her old friends gone, she faded in the last 2 years. A lesson for us about friends.

tommyc03 likes this.
  5. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP Supporter

Fortunately my collecting habits don't rely on the mint. It seems every individual has their own philosophy on what's going on. Mine is, I try to pay attention to the US mint schedule and see if anything interests me. Most years I haven't bought from them at all. I'll play the game for a rare ASE to collect it, but if I don't get one, meh...don't really care. I went for the V75 and couldn't get one. Two different internet connections over 45 mins didn't cut it. The mint sets are getting too expensive. The Mayflower commemoratives grabbed me so I was excited for that one and did partake in that. Yeah you had to be there early that day.
    I think ASE/AGE burnout will slowly wash over everyone. I mean that's about 20 of their offerings for the year, every year in different combinations. There's nobody left collecting them all. lol
    My main collecting interest is my US type registry set. Everything left in that is a tough road. So mint offerings are like a side distraction. If you're sick of it all just walk away for a while.

Draft saved Draft deleted