Getting rolls from gas stations.

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by jacktj, Sep 5, 2012.

1. jacktj

jacktj New Member

I have recently been asking the cashiers at a local gas station for rolls of pennies. The wheats are much more common when I get them there, I usally find 1 wheat penny per roll. They usually only let me get about 5 dollars worth at a time, but I find I have more luck that way. I even found a few old ones from the teens.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Moonshine

Moonshine ....................

Are they bank rolls or CWR? If CWR that sounds like a nice buy spot. Make nice with the cashiers!

4. COINnoisseur

COINnoisseur Professional Amateur

Great Idea. It's a good way to mix it up. I do the same thing in my neighborhood. There is a local bar a block from my house with whom I know the owners, they are very good with customer service and will provide coin rolls(a reasonable amount) if asked. The most I've asked for at one time was 2 rolls of dimes.

5. roll searcher

roll searcher coin hunter

never thought about asking gas stations for pennies. When I'm there I ask if they have any halves, which the cashiers receive pretty often.

6. COINnoisseur

COINnoisseur Professional Amateur

If your up for it, you can go to the customer service desk at your grocery store, CVS or Walgreens, any business really and ask for a roll or two of pennies, nickels, quarters etc. You'd be surprised how accommodating they will be. The worst they can do is say no. It's a good way to get your rolls from different sources and see where you get the best results.

7. Dtm

Dtm New Member

I ask every store I go

8. DarioEM

DarioEM Member

Great idea guys, I've always stuck to the old traditional bank rolls until reading this now.

9. easj3699

easj3699 Well-Known Member

i've actually found a buffalo nickel and war nickel from rolls from my local 7-11

10. DarioEM

DarioEM Member

Nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted