Getting Lucky in the bank

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by ForeverPsalms91&23&35, Apr 8, 2021.

1. :angelic:Check these bad boys I got from the bank today, I watched a YouTube video yesterday of some dude saying he went and cashed 500$ in nothing but 50s so I had to go try the same, but I got 100 ones and the rest in 50s and I got 2 star notes one 50$ star note in rough shape but still it’s a star note, and a fresh uncirculated 1$ star note, then I went through the rest and found this one with the S/N 17325460 that’s right! 0-7 run. Which is my first 8 unique numbers up in the 98%, give me some feed back on all 3 coin world talk!! Wait that’s my pup just took his stinky dirty tail a bath.

Attached Files:

enamel7, capthank and Copper lover like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

capthank and Copper lover like this.
  4. He’s a puppy. See now you made me feel some kind of way. Dogs carry dogs by the head or neck. Anyways I was taking him a bath geesh

5. But what about the 0-7 run?

6. furryfrog02

It isn’t in any type of order, like 01234567, so I don’t think it makes the note special at all. Perhaps someone else will chime in.

7. Ah man dude your negative all the way

8. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I must have missed the pic of your pup! The $50 is nice, don't know what it's worth but you can check ebay as that's where you get the biggest interest on star notes and sometimes the buyers there pay crazy money for them. Like your name, but nobody is being negative at all. We express our opinions on this forum and we're straight up honest about it! Better luck next time! ;)

1stSgt22 and CoinJockey73 like this.
  9. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Reading OPs post makes me feel like I’m not a native English reader.

1stSgt22 and ZoidMeister like this.
  10. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

From the title, I thought he had made a deposit . . .

Never mind . . .

Z

JeffC likes this.
  11. furryfrog02

Not being negative. Just being honest. Sorry if you don't like my opinion but you asked for opinions.
    The $50 note is the most interesting of the group (minus the pup) but it is creased and because of that, probably not worth much, if anything, over face. Like @fretboard said, you can check ebay sold listings to get an idea of what they are selling for. But keep in mind, you have to pay ebay fees and what-not so if you were to sell, you may end up losing money in the end.

12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The title led me to believe his bank was open. They are all closed except driveup in my area.

13. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

The only way to learn is to post. There is better luck ahead for you. Thanks for your post and stay the course.

14. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Wow, when I was a yoot, getting lucky had a whole different connotation. In a bank would have only been written about in certain print media ;)

ZoidMeister and CoinJockey73 like this.
  15. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

When I cash a check for cash purchases for the month, I get $500 in $20's. The only luck I get is if I can get two bill or maybe more in numerical order, which really is worth anymore than face value. I've yet to find a star bill. I wonder how the teller would feel if I asked for the $500 in $1 bills....

16. masterswimmer

I can't imagine even the smallest hometown bank balking at a couple of hundred singles. In a large bank, 500 singles should be a no brainer IMO.

17. JeffC

JeffC Go explore something and think a happy thought!

Yoot. Hahaha. My Cousin Vinny. I can watch it 20 more times and still crack up.

ZoidMeister and masterswimmer like this.
  18. masterswimmer

Loved it.
    Love it.
    Still watch excerpts.

All I have to say is Marisa Tomei :happy:

JeffC likes this.
  19. Ha I think they have the 1s in sets of 50s

20. masterswimmer

Bundles of 100. But who's counting ;)

21. Well there is a cute lady that works there but idk I’d have to be super lucky for that hahaha

Draft saved Draft deleted