Getting a family member started in ancients: CNG Win Today

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by kazuma78, Oct 7, 2020.

1. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

My brother in law had a son this year and named him Cyrus so I talked to him about buying an original coin from the time of Cyrus. He loved the idea so i bid on this one for him today and won! Even though its VF, it has great centering and is a nice coin. I also really liked that it has a decent provenance which I find to be pretty rare for this type. Feel free to post your coins of Cyrus and any other coins you've talked friends or family into.

Screenshot_20201007-112545_Chrome.jpg

KINGS of LYDIA. temp. Cyrus – Darios I. Circa 550/39-520 BC. AR Siglos (15.5mm, 5.30 g). Kroiseid type. Sardes mint. Confronted foreparts of lion and bull / Two incuse squares. Berk 22; SNG Ashmolean 762–71. Toned, some find patina on reverse. VF. Well centered.

From the Todd Hansen Collection. Ex Coin Galleries (14 November 1984), lot 156.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

What a nice and thoughtful gift. A great way to show you care, and something the family can have a sentimental connection to.

Carl Wilmont, +VGO.DVCKS and kazuma78 like this.
  4. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Cool idea. I once bought a very nice Judea Capta denarius for a Jewish man whom I know. I kind of wish he gets bored of it and wants to sell it back to me. Its a very nice XF in fine style.

Carl Wilmont, +VGO.DVCKS and kazuma78 like this.
  5. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

That's a nice coin and an extremely thoughtful gesture.

kazuma78 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted