Geronimo/ American Indian Chiefs series silver dollar

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Newcoinboy2018, May 10, 2018.

1. Newcoinboy2018

Newcoinboy2018 Active Member

I can’t seem to find this coin online to find the value. I’m sure it’s only worth face value, but it would be good to have a reference to see. Does anyone have one and know their value?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Not really a coin, so there is no face value. It is a silver round, probably not much more than bullion value unless someone was interested in the subject matter. It is kind of an interesting one.

Newcoinboy2018 likes this.
  4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Since there is no value on the face (or on the back), the face value would be zero. However it is an ounce of silver and not unattractive.

Screenshot 2018-05-10 at 5.01.32 PM - Edited.png

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  5. USCoinCollector42

USCoinCollector42 Well-Known Member

It doesn’t have a face value (it’s not a coin). You have a silver bullion round and assuming it’s actually silver, it’s worth the spot price of silver.

6. Newnotniev

Newnotniev New Member

They are right as far as it's worth the spot price of silver but don't forget to add a few dollars to the spot price. You can't buy coinage anywhere for spot price that I know of. everyone adds to spot price to factor the price of minting the coin, attractiveness and rarity.

7. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Personally, I'd pass and buy an Indian Head Token! ;) Doesn't even list the company who minted them! Too much fake silver around!

8. Silverpop

Silverpop Well-Known Member

pass on this item, I'd buy a slabbed peace dollar, morgan, or a silver dime that has value instead

9. Kentucky

Back in 2018 when this post was from, silver was cheaper... :)

Mkm5 likes this.
  10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, welcome to the neighborhood!

There are some medals that are worth quite a bit more than a few dollars over spot. Here is one of my favorites that was produced by Medalic Art Company (MACO). It's graded by NGC, MS67.

63.5mm, 4.55oz .999+ FS
    1960 Santa Fe 350th OBV.JPG
    1960 Santa Fe 350th REV.JPG

11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I collected a lot of silver rounds when silver was at $6 to $8. Lots of cool designs to pick from.
    Image_0928.JPG Image_0933.JPG

Kentucky likes this.
  12. Mike Milo

Mike Milo New Member

Does anyone know who minted this Round? I got one as part of a lot at an auction. Any update on the value other than spot? Thanks

13. Kentucky

Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 12.02.08 PM.png

Draft saved Draft deleted