Germany coin thread (only the best)

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by xGAJx, Feb 17, 2013.

1. 1934 Wreath Crown

1934 Wreath Crown Well-Known Member

If you like this one, check the Indian Mughal gold Mohur 1674 MS66 I posted on Random World Coins. Hope you will like that too. It's about 11 gms gold weight. I reckon it is probably one of if not THE finest. In those days to get an MS 66 strike was very very rare....and how many would survive in that state after 340+ years??? Am proud of that one.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

what I found was a coin that looks exactly like yours in the Austrian Netherlands KM#17 looks like a 1/2 Souverain D'OR weight- 5.5300g .919 gold
    grade/value
    VG-$150 F-$300 VF-$425 XF-650
    did I look in the wrong spot for your coin ? what is the size of your coin in mm ???

4. 1934 Wreath Crown

I don't have it on me as it's in the bank. But the description is:

Maria Theresia gold Souverain d'or 1752 VF, Antwerp mint, KM17, Delm-212.

It is a fairly large coin and as far as I can remember it is a full Souverain. I bought it along with a Henry VIII Gold Angel, also a nice coin. I think in the current market a keen collector will pay upwards of $750 for it as it is hard to find in any condition. I've not seen a similar one come up for sale for many months.

5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I did not see a full Souverain like yours pictured in my catalog. only the 1/2 1 that looks exactly like your coin.

6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

can you post your Henry VIII gold angel coin here. please

7. 1934 Wreath Crown

OK now THAT makes sense. When I bought it, the details stated "Antwerp mint, KM17 (incorrectly listed as 1/2 Souverain d'or), Delm-212." They were referring to the listing in the catalogue being incorrect. I remember seeing a half souverain being sold on one of the eBay European sites and it was different and much smaller than the coin I purchased. Unfortunately there are no gold Maria Theresia coin on ebay for me to compare at present.

Anyway I am very happy with what I bought coz it is a difficult one to find. :)

8. 1934 Wreath Crown

Sorry I do not want to hijack this thread with non-German coins. I will post it in the relevant thread, I think it was "Post some Random World Coins". Please can you check it there. Thanks.

spirityoda likes this.
  9. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453426647.810413.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453426656.645389.jpg

Funny, a Third Reich coin in commie red :)

Dcordeiro and spirityoda like this.
  10. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Newp arrived today. Very nice and lustrous, strong cartwheel for the type :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. 7Calbrey

7Calbrey Well-Known Member

Und da ist Dinkelsbuhl - 1000 Yahre- 3 Reichsmark- Weimar . 3Mark O.jpg 3Mark R.jpg

talerman, micbraun, Dcordeiro and 5 others like this.
  12. wcg

wcg Well-Known Member

Perhaps the favorite piece in my collection. This is a 1743 taler from Mainz struck to commemorate the death of the bishop. Features Saint Martin on horse trotting left, holding sword and sharing clothing with beggar to lower right. 47mm. Walther 508; Zepernick 18. Reported mintage of 200.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    talerman, Zohar444, ffrickey and 12 others like this.
  13. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Just in case you missed my post in the other thread... this one was graded MS66, only 4 exist in 67 - I hope it's acceptable in a thread called "only the best" ;-)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456790247.470869.jpg

talerman, jj00, scottishmoney and 6 others like this.
  14. Pellinore

Pellinore Well-Known Member

What a fascinating tenner of the "100 Days Emperor".

15. Pellinore

Pellinore Well-Known Member

I really love German Notgeld of 1921-1923, here's a section of fine recent acquisitions, unsurpassed in their art-deco graphic design.

Miljaar 2.jpg

furryfrog02, jj00 and jester3681 like this.
  16. Dcordeiro

Dcordeiro Active Member

What a Thaler... amazing detail !!!

17. malinky

malinky New Member

Does anyone have any george iii 1/6 thalers for sale?

18. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

19. Numismat

Aren't those photos are from the NGC price guide page? But yes a stunning piece

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  20. wcg

wcg Well-Known Member

I bought it last May and sent it to NGC in late fall. It looks like it was used as the price guide image since it is the only one of the type that they have graded. I have other pictures (pre slab) but the NGC photography is simply exceptional.

21. Numismat

Yes it is, and it's great to have a "plate" coin :)

Draft saved Draft deleted