Germany coin thread (only the best)

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by xGAJx, Feb 17, 2013.

1. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Not a coin of course. But if that is what you like and consider to be "the best" ...

Christian

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. doppeltaler

doppeltaler Well-Known Member

My 2 thalers from various states

Saxony
    saxony-2t-rev.JPG saxony-2t-obv.JPG

Nassau

nassu-2T-rev.jpeg nassu-2T-obv.jpeg

Bavarian 2 Thaler

1844-2t-rev.jpeg 1844-2t-obv.jpeg 1841-2-2t-rev.jpeg 1841-2-2t-obv.jpeg 1840-2t-rev.jpeg 1840-2t-obv.jpeg

4. doppeltaler

doppeltaler Well-Known Member

More 2 thalers from Prussia, Saxony, Hanover, Baden and Frankfurt prussia-2t-rev.jpg prussia-2t-obv.jpg saxony-2t1-rev.jpg saxony-2t1-obv.jpg hannover-2t-rev.jpg hannover-2t-obv.jpg baden-2t-obv.jpg baden-2t-rev.jpg frankfurt-2t2-obv.jpg frankfurt-2t2-rev.jpg

talerman, chrsmat71, chrisild and 2 others like this.
  5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

those are amazing. I collect coins from Baden also. that 1 from Hannover and the 1 from Saxony are making me drool. lol

6. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

Here's one. Old cleaning, but I still kinda like the look of it. REUSS OBV.jpg REUSS REV.jpg

jj00 likes this.
  7. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Reuss is an interesting area also because the only ruler depicted on the coins is a Henry. :) In both countries (Reuss-Gera/Younger Line, where your coin is from, and Reuss-Greiz/Elder Line) the princes, ruling or not, were all named Heinrich. (Goes back to 12c HRE Emperor Heinrich IV.) The Elder Line numbered them from 1 to 100 and then started again; the Younger Line would start with 1 at the beginning of each century.

Christian

longshot likes this.
  8. britannia40

britannia40 Well-Known Member

Here's the only one I have at the moment
    1909j1.jpg 1909j.jpg

But for the OP here is a polish piece for you
    polish.jpg

jj00 and spirityoda like this.
  9. triggersmob

triggersmob World Collector

Picked up a nice 3 Mark coin this week and received some nice Euro coins from a friend in Germany.
    1922 (A) Germany 3 Mark.jpg 2015 (F) Germany One Euro Cent.JPG

jester3681 likes this.
  10. britannia40

britannia40 Well-Known Member

11. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

jester3681 likes this.
  12. longshot

Nothing dramatic...but I enjoy them, Bavarian victory thaler & 2/3 thaler from Saxony.
    Bavarian ob.jpg Bavarian re.jpg Saxony2.3ob.jpg Saxony2.3re.jpg

spirityoda likes this.
  13. longshot

Hannover - Commemorative - 50th Anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo - Mintage 15,000 - Given to veterans in their pension payments.

Hannover O.jpg Hannover R.jpg

14. Dcordeiro

Dcordeiro Active Member

Latest arrival...

[​IMG]

jj00 and longshot like this.
  15. 7Calbrey

7Calbrey Well-Known Member

Silver Drei Reichsmark from the Weimar Republic dated 1928 D, commemorating the thousandth anniversary of the foundation of Dinkelsbuhl. 3Mark O.jpg 3Mark R.jpg

16. 1934 Wreath Crown

1934 Wreath Crown Well-Known Member

Very nice indeed. Love the designs and the toning. I have a few but will post photos later when I get them out of the bank. Enjoy your collection.

17. 1934 Wreath Crown

Not German I know....but close enough :). Its the only one I have pictures of in the house.....Maria Theresia Souverain...... Maria Theresia Obv.jpg Maria Theresia Rev.jpg

18. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

wow sweet coin. where is this coin from ? country ? is it gold ?

19. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

[​IMG]

Dr Hugo Eckener was the director of the Zeppelin Reederei for a number of years before he was pushed aside during the political upheaval after the rise of the nazi party.

After WWI in order to get the Zeppelin company back into business and in order to satisfy debts to the United States he successfully lobbied for the sale of an airship that was manufactured as LZ-126 in 1924. The airship was flown across the Atlantic that year, the first successful navigation over the ocean by an airship. Though the airship was flown to Lakehurst with hydrogen it was subsequently converted to use helium.

The US Navy took delivery of the ship which was named the USS Los Angeles - it had the distinction of being the only rigid airship in the naval service that was not lost to an accident, the ones manufactured under license by Goodyear in the USA were all lost to accidents during the 1930s.

talerman likes this.
  20. 1934 Wreath Crown

Thanks. It is an Austrian Sovereign or Souverain as they say in Mainland Europe. Unlike the Maria Theresa silver thaler which are 99.99% re-strikes (as there are only about 7 known originals), this is the real deal. I love it :) .......and yes it is 22k gold.

spirityoda likes this.
  21. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

sweet. I have a 18th century Krause catalog. gonna look it up now. brb...

Draft saved Draft deleted