German pfennigs

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Hiddendragon, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I was looking these two coins up as I was going to sell them, but it seems like they're pretty high value. The 1936 E shows a mintage of 150,000 with a value of $27.50 in F according to my 2008 Krause. The 1936 G has no mintage listed and a value of $15 in F. However, this was the year when things switched from Weimar to Nazi designs and there are multiple entries, so I want to make sure I'm actually looking at the right coins. It seems unlikely I'd be lucky enough to have these more valuable coins, but it happens. If they are the valuable ones I'll hold onto them. I find it hard to find a value to assign to these sort of coins because there are never any listed or sold to compare to. 1936 e germany 1 pfennig.jpg 1936 g germany 1 pfennig.jpg

spirityoda likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

You have the KM-89, and 1936 is a better date. The Weimar KM-37 are the common ones. I would suggest searching MA shops to see what European dealers are asking for coins in similar condition. I think searching by KM number will work, but you can always find the Jaeger and Schon numbers on Numista.

Hiddendragon likes this.
  4. TheGame

TheGame Well-Known Member

Anything 1936 with a swastika is a better date, if my memory serves me correctly.

5. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Xf 40 on the E is showing $120, same grade on the G is $65; According to KP 2019 Standard Catalog of World Coins.

Hiddendragon likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted