German coins

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by GARY R COYIER, Apr 12, 2021.

1. GARY R COYIER

GARY R COYIER Well-Known Member

I have quite a few german coins and was wondering if they have much value? They are 1874 to 1940. 20210412_092811.jpg 20210412_092921.jpg 20210412_144726.jpg 20210412_144903.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

In my experience they usually aren’t worth much. Try Numista as there may be some valuable varieties

4. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, not much from what I can make out here. Most of these coins are from the Berlin Mint (A Mintmark) or are common post-war issues. In my opinion, a conservative estimate of value would be about 5 for $1.

Edit: The 1916-D 2 pfennig does have a relatively low mintage of 915,000 coins. Regardless, I'd probably give it a small premium compared to the rest of the coins. However, you'd be hard-pressed selling these coins for more than a quarter each.

5. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

I see these at shows in 15-25 cent bins. Base metal German coins were made in the hundreds of millions (probably several billion if added up) and rarely hold a large amount of value.

If that lot was mine to sell I'd list it at $2.

GARY R COYIER likes this.
  6. norantyki

norantyki CoinMuncher

Not much value, all are common date / mint combinations, and they are all what German collectors would consider sub-par condition. They will be worth 0.15-$1 each, with the 1916D 2pf being at the top end of that range.

GARY R COYIER likes this.
  7. GARY R COYIER

GARY R COYIER Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. Appreciate your knowledge sharing.

Draft saved Draft deleted