German coins

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by GARY R COYIER, Apr 12, 2021.

1. GARY R COYIER

GARY R COYIER Active Member

I have quite a few german coins and was wondering if they have much value? They are 1874 to 1940. 20210412_092811.jpg 20210412_092921.jpg 20210412_144726.jpg 20210412_144903.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

In my experience they usually aren’t worth much. Try Numista as there may be some valuable varieties

4. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Supporter! Supporter

Unfortunately, not much from what I can make out here. Most of these coins are from the Berlin Mint (A Mintmark) or are common post-war issues. In my opinion, a conservative estimate of value would be about 5 for $1.

Edit: The 1916-D 2 pfennig does have a relatively low mintage of 915,000 coins. Regardless, I'd probably give it a small premium compared to the rest of the coins. However, you'd be hard-pressed selling these coins for more than a quarter each.

5. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

I see these at shows in 15-25 cent bins. Base metal German coins were made in the hundreds of millions (probably several billion if added up) and rarely hold a large amount of value.

If that lot was mine to sell I'd list it at $2.

GARY R COYIER likes this.
  6. norantyki

norantyki CoinMuncher

Not much value, all are common date / mint combinations, and they are all what German collectors would consider sub-par condition. They will be worth 0.15-$1 each, with the 1916D 2pf being at the top end of that range.

GARY R COYIER likes this.
  7. GARY R COYIER

GARY R COYIER Active Member

Thanks everyone. Appreciate your knowledge sharing.

Draft saved Draft deleted