German and Netherlands Coins and Notes: what's it worth?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Seattlite86, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I have a friend who asked me to help him try to sell some coins/bills. I truthfully don't think he'll get much out of them, but I don't know much about the notes at all. I think the Netherlands coins might be best sold as a group. I would love to hear your thoughts on overall value and best listing ideas to get the most value.

Thank you!

IMG_7638-horz.jpg IMG_7641.JPG IMG_7642-vert.jpg IMG_7644-vert.jpg IMG_7648-vert.jpg IMG_7649-vert.jpg IMG_7652-vert.jpg IMG_7646-horz.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

the 1st 2 Netherland coins are silver. 1939 .720 silver mintage-14,200,000 weight- 10 g. or 0.2315 oz 1957 .720 silver mintage-27,000,000 weight- 6.50 g. or 0.1505 oz. the rest of the Netherlands coins are very common.
    the bottom Chinese coin looks interesting.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    Seattlite86 likes this.
  4. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

As for the German coins, those are very common too as far as I can tell. The ones from the Federal Republic of Germany (Bank Deutscher Länder, Bundesrepublik Deutschland) can still be redeemed here in DE. In that condition they have hardly any collector's value ...

Christian

Seattlite86 likes this.
  5. Seattlite86

Yes, thank you for your input, I am aware of their silver content, I do have the world catalog books. I'm trying to put a general price tag on the set. I feel like they would sell well as a group, maybe for $10-15?

6. Seattlite86

That was the impression I had. Do you know anything about the bills?

Wo wohnst du in DE? Seit 6 Monaten, lerne ich Deutsch. Ich ziehe nach Tübingen März um an der Uni zu Studieren.

7. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Sorry, paper money I get and spend but do not collect. :) I am in Düsseldorf, NW ... and have just been to Tübingen. Well, almost - on a short vacation trip we also visited the monastery in Bebenhausen which is part of the city. Was studierst Du denn?

Tschüs,
    Christian

Draft saved Draft deleted