Georgia State Quarter with brockage on both sides

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Storm311, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Storm311

Storm311 New Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I'm hoping this works. This is my first time. I have this Georgia state quarter. The top pic shows the front of the coin and you can see the reverse image of the back imprinted on it. The bottom pic shows the back of the coin. It's hard to see in the pic but you can see Washington's face and to the left of the peach you can see the reverse image of "in God we trust". What are your thoughts as far as value.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

Cool looking coin! I am not certain of its value, but I suspect coin dealers don't pay as much as we would like. I suspect 5$ at most. Where did you find it, if I may ask?

4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Unfortunately, it looks like a Squeeze to me...

mikenoodle and paddyman98 like this.
  5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Yes people make these by putting 2 coins in a vise.
    I don't think it's a genuine mint error.

6. Storm311

Storm311 New Member

I supervise some restaurants. The managers save me all the old, weird, and foreign coins. This one was in a roll of quarters. I've had it for like 17 years. I remember at the time I always kept an updated list with them on the states I needed. My son and I were collecting them.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Daniel Jones likes this.
  7. Daniel Jones

Wow, I am surprised you had it that long without having it looked at sooner. I also enjoyed going to the bank at the time they were issued to get one for me and one for my mother, too.

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Any time you find lettering backwards, i.e. TSURT EW DOG NI, you can bet your bottom "quarter" that it is PMD, like Books said.

Chris

Seattlite86 likes this.
  9. Storm311

Storm311 New Member

I honestly forgot about it. I'm getting ready to move and I was going through a container of coins this past weekend and found it in there.

10. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

I'm not one to argue but Heritage sold a brockage coin with the letters backwards and it was slabbed by PCGS. It was featured in Coin World this past month.

11. Daniel Jones

Gosh,
    Gosh, Chris, you are correct. I should have looked closer at that. I obviously did not look close enough at that coin. Sorry.

12. beef1020

beef1020 Junior Member

A real brockage will have the image in reverse, letters and numbers included. This coin is not a brockage, as its impossible to get a brockage on two sides

tommyc03 likes this.
  13. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You are correct! I should have been more specific.

Chris

Draft saved Draft deleted