GENUINE OR NOT FOR PAYPAL INVESTIGATION

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by kolyan760, Jun 3, 2020.

1. kolyan760

kolyan760 Well-Known Member

Another Ebay purchase .. i know what it is but PayPal asking for some evidence on IMG-9235.jpg IMG-9238.jpg IMG-9240.jpg IMG-9765.jpg opened case
    im just going to forward this straight to paypal

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kolyan760

kolyan760 Well-Known Member

this is third coin in for this month unfortunately and ebay wont answer their phone calls !!!

4. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Yeah I know, they're using the Covid-19 as an excuse. Honestly, I don't think they're ever gonna start answering their phone calls even when Covid-19 is over. :banghead: As far as your coin goes, idk.

kolyan760 likes this.
  5. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Stop buying coins you have doubts about and buy from reputable sellers. Problem solved.

6. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

Well said. Please stop gunking up the forum with these. Do you have any coins, of your own, that you believe to be real?

Orfew, Andres2, Insider and 2 others like this.
  7. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

I know its tempting to buy stuff from non-traditional sources cheaply. And, to be fair, there ARE deals to be had occasionally on Ebay. I buy from some dealers there.

However, I have over 40 years experience in coin collecting, over 20 in ancients, and specialize in certain areas. EVEN THEN I get taken. My best advice is to take the next 6-12 months off of Ebay, etc. and only look at ancient coin auctions. Look at good coins, tens of thousands of them. Look at every coin in every ancient auction during this time.

I GUARANTEE YOU that when you next look at Ebay, you will see it with different eyes. You will see junk as junk, massively overpriced ok coins, and TONS and TONS of fakes. Your eye will recognize them quickly because you have trained it what a good coin looks like.

After THAT, if you run across the few good deals on there go ahead.

Draft saved Draft deleted