Gem 1912 Caballito, just graded

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by 7Jags, Jun 25, 2019.

1. 7Jags

7Jags Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

Absolutely a gorgeous coin, love the design...I am turning Kelly green with envy...Spark

Hookman, eddiespin and spirityoda like this.
  4. 7Jags

7Jags Well-Known Member

Thanks, as I have always liked this coin but wanted to get one that I hoped would be above the usual AU to low uncirculated. Didn't want to fess up all that money so got it raw.

Hookman likes this.
  5. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

Very nice! I've been looking for a nice gem example for awhile and they are hard to come by. Did you pick this up raw in person or online?

Hookman likes this.
  6. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

When she's put together fine, and she's reading my mind... :)

Hookman likes this.
  7. 7Jags

7Jags Well-Known Member

Yes, I was thrilled to get it from the PCGS site for relatively low amount - 355 USD. I passed on a 1914 as it was too hard to tell from the images and was an expensive coin. I think that one may have been an MS61 or so but was also raw.

Hookman likes this.
  8. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

Wow, sweet score. These are tough to find reasonably. Good find!

Hookman likes this.
  9. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Very, Very, Nice coin. I have been wanting one ever since I first saw one.
    Way too expensive for me in high grades. When I eventually get one, it will probably be a worn one and even then it will be $50 - $100 to buy......but at least I will have one.

Thanks for posting.

10. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

You know, it's strange. As well as I remember that song, and I sing it all the time (every time there's a lightning storm), I don't remember a single thing about Lou Christie. I actually had thought this song was performed by someone like Frankie Valle or a group like that from the '60's.
    Thanks for posting.....and setting my "record" straight.

eddiespin likes this.
  11. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I remember “Sherry” was my favorite song in 5th Grade. But I like you didn’t know hardly anything about Lou Christie outside on this song. Funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted