GB Trade Dollar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by micbraun, Aug 15, 2022.

1. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I think there's a rat in the wood pile...;) first of all like all trade dollars they are alot of fakes. Next why are the images so so... meaning yes here's a image of a ms 62 pcgs slab but the image isnt that clear. And they arent that cllear for a reason... to my eye coins are like finger prints...an image taken with a 10 meg cam should be clear,and able to enlarge enought to cover a rooms wall and still be sharp..Years ago Alan aka coin-zip had a discussion about one should be able to look at a coin this size for sure...id certain marks spots,chips ,color
    etc...etc...and like a finger print used to id a coin.
    I be willing to bet the farm...the op coin in question is fake. As a dealer years ago I wanted my images to be in focus,clear,showing any details be they a plus or a minus. No surprises no excuses as you can see everything.
    Like my first statement a rat in the wood pile....means the seller is hiding something....pm him ask for clearer images....wanta bet the reply is no! ;)

Nope bad mojo on this one.

4. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Did you have a closer look at the slab as well?

5. Paddy54

Yeppers ...bad mojo... wouldn't touch it with a 10 meter pole

6. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

Seller is in Germany.

7. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

It says shipping from Hayes, UK.

8. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Well-Known Member

So it does, I wonder why it is on eBay.de

9. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

It doesn’t matter, you’ll also find it on eBay France… unless you go ahead and report it like I did ;-)

Cheech9712 and Paddy54 like this.
  10. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

The Heritage coin is OK. The Ebay coin is too blurred and unable to magnify

11. Jack D. Young

Jack D. Young Well-Known Member

Really doesn't matter if the Bay one is blurry- look at the label:D...

Bad trade obv comps.jpg

12. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

I figured that might be the case for the thread but I was too lazy to go back and look. ;)

Cheech9712 likes this.
  13. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

14. Cheech9712

15. Cheech9712

Yeah. What he said. If you own that coin. You must have better pictures of it

Paddy54 likes this.
  16. Cheech9712

Meter. Just took a class at work reading a ruler. Meters are back to that even crazier math. I’m proud to say a ruler makes more cents

17. Cheech9712

. I see your wit. He lives way over there

18. Cheech9712

You the MAN Jack

19. Paddy54

Cheech the entire slab is fake hon.. you can see if you google a Britain trade dollar and look at the coin.

20. Paddy54

Yeah when Mike first posted I saw that but was grilling steaks... at the moment lol.
    What is the real kicker...is how stupidis is a seller to believe that no one else would be that stupid not to catch their scam?
    Yes I agree not everyone is that savvy...but we named that tune on the 1st note...
    My father always told a story that he was part of...it seem the some counterfeiters made a mistake and tried to pass very bad examples of US notes. You see either they or their supply made a huge error....the way he told it was the bill mis printed and they were $18 bills...their solution was to pass them in the rural South...believing that the local hicks would be dumb enough to accept the notes as legal tender.... when they tried to break the note...the local looked at the note...and asked how would you like the change?...3 - $6 bills or two 9's?
    Unlike today years ago checks took 3 to 5 days to clear and went though the federal reserve to process. Dad at the time was in charge of the non cash collection [checks] and and fraud that they were apart of... it seemed a home nurse was cashing the social security checks of a woman whom had passed two years eariler...
    Now why in the hell would someone think that they would not be caught? And... Kept cashing checks for months..duh

21. Jack D. Young

Jack D. Young Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted