GB Silver

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by 1934 Wreath Crown, May 6, 2016.

1. yarm

yarm Junior Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

I quite like this one.

15726d.jpg

1934 Wreath Crown and jgenn like this.
  4. jgenn

jgenn World Crown Collector

1746 British Crown, LIMA privy mark.

[​IMG]

1934 Wreath Crown and jester3681 like this.
  5. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

I don't own any genuinely "scarce" or "rare" British silver, but those below are my most prized.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. 1934 Wreath Crown

1934 Wreath Crown Well-Known Member

Love the Diamond Jubilee Medal. Was that a recent acquisition from Heritage?

7. 1934 Wreath Crown

Thanks for the suggestion. I have posted the coin on Predecimal and have also had a very positive reply from the auction house, should the coin turn out to be a fake. Finally, I have requested Mr Steve Hill to also give his expert opinion of the coin.
    Will post an update here later as things develop.

8. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Here's another sixpence. This one is for my Prime Number set.

16976d.jpg

9. tulipone

tulipone Well-Known Member

Any update on how this turned out?

10. 1934 Wreath Crown

Have sent the coin back to HA. Still waiting to hear from them. Will definitely post an update.

11. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

The coins shown on this thread are some of the most amazing examples of British coins that I've seen.

Congratulations, sirs!

12. 1934 Wreath Crown

Hello Everyone who had been following this thread. I have just heard back from HA who had submitted the coin to NGC for re-evaluation. NGC have confirmed that the coin is 'struck and genuine'. Therefore, it is not a cast item.

I am happy with their findings and can finally put this issue to bed. Thanks to everyone who supported and encouraged me. As for the person who started all this I would say....Hope you have more interesting things to do in life and perhaps instead of writing books you need to do some research first. Cheers!!!

tulipone likes this.
  13. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

AS expected; it looked normal to me.

1934 Wreath Crown likes this.
  14. 7Jags

7Jags Well-Known Member

Wow, that was a rather groundless and puerile immature reply! To which I will stoop to respond:
    I think you have a coin that has many suspicious aspects that we have not been able to see in hand, that may even be genuine but one that is the type that even if slabbed should be viewed with suspicion.

A rational approach is to question such a coin, with the operative hypothesis that is not genuine and then disprove the hypothesis. To wit, I am happy that you took the measures you did in going back through Heritage and [unfortunately] back to NGC, and a point which I shall address. I would certainly hope that they have specifically responded to the concerns that I have raised and that seem to have also been raised on that other Board. In addition, I would hope that they at least performed the basics such as a Specific Gravity Test, accurate weight, and a detailed microscopic, as well as compared it to known coins accepted as genuine by consensus and provenance. If not, then they either did not take the time to elaborate or, more worrisome, did not go through the effort of systematically examining and testing this coin.
    Even if they have, I suppose ultimately going to NGC on this is a bit like asking your mother or sister how your school recital went. It may be a bit difficult for obvious reasons for them to independently assess their own previous assessment. They certainly have been "caught out" before - see examples that have been cited on that other Board.
    I read with amusement some of the commentary that reminds me a bit of the politically simple rhetoric currently being played out on the U.S. national political stage by some. Assertions are great, but there comes a time when they must be backed up with the real work of science and rationalization. In summation, I think most of us hope you have a genuine specimen 1934 Wreath Crown. It has many suspicious attributes based on photographic inspection that certainly make it worthy of being examined, and examined in detail given the current rash of counterfeits and fakes (from China AND other sources). Please feel free to cite any details of missives exchanged with Heritage or NGC if you'd like.

15. 1934 Wreath Crown

You come across as a 'not very likeable and aggressive' person. Don't you get sick of hearing your own voice all the time? I will not indulge or stoop. Goodbye!!!

16. 7Jags

7Jags Well-Known Member

Well, that is an interesting and baseless response but I suppose not out of keeping. Hopefully you may one day let science and reason percolate into your life and don't take someone trying to introduce it as a threat. Did you even bother to read what I wrote?

I guess you didn't bother with what was suggested which would be your prerogative.

Peace be with you!

17. jgenn

jgenn World Crown Collector

1934 Wreath Crown, when you get the coin back, it would be interesting to know if it has been re-encapsulated. That would be a indication of a more thorough examination by NGC. I'm curious because I have an 8 reales that I need to have re-evaluated.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  18. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

I think the coin just needs better and more reasonable images. The current images are not good, and could lead to questions / concerns. I am going to guess it looks almost nothing like the flat and lifeless images in hand.

Draft saved Draft deleted