Garage sale

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Norman Asis, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Coin Wisher

Coin Wisher New Member

Most people never, or rarely see these coins, and you probably could charge a small markup, especially if you put them in coin flips with a label, ie, 2014 BU.
    The Ikes and Kennedy's can be easily sold for a premium. Call your local dealer and ask what they sell common date Ike and Kennedys for.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Norman Asis

Norman Asis Active Member

That's good to know. That's where Im having difficulty, determining the value. Sometimes I check out offer-up and see ridiculous price. I know you can list a coin for whatever amount, its having a buyer willing to pay.
    So I have never actually sold any yet. I've always wanted to send one to pcgs for grading just to experience and learn the process.

4. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

Dealers have different ways to ensure their security and must get their name out or stop dealing. In the seventies many people thought they had it made when a local paper or magazine did a write up about all the goodies they had found with their metal detectors. Nearly all of them ended up being robbed and some of them were robbed and murdered. But hey, THEY WERE FAMOUS. I'll stop talking about the hazards. Hopefully no one will fall victim to them.

5. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

All one has to do is shoot the first couple to death and the rest tend to shy away from robbing the store.

mgmgmg75 and Kirkuleez like this.
  6. harley bissell

I agree in normal places. In states that have peculiar belief systems in place shooting the perp gets you sued and jailed. I've often thought that the best
    way to stop crime is to place the bodies of the criminals on the front porches
    of the judges who let them walk and permitted them to return to crime. If
    they found one every time they went outside to get the newspaper they
    might get the message that they are too lenient in their sentencing.

7. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

I shot my truck all to heck and back beside the shop and let it sit there all summer.

didn't mean for a round to defect down into the gas tank though.

THAT was expensive.

8. harley bissell

A friend in the seventies in California drove a beater truck. Every time it broke down or left him stranded he shot it through the doors. It looked live a sieve when he finally scrapped it.

9. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

What are the dates of the Kennedy half dollars? Any pictures? If their not silver chances are there's no premium.

10. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

+2
    Forget the garage sale, at least as far as coins go. You won't make enough to justify the security risk.

11. Norman Asis

I have a '64 and two '70 Kennedy half $. I have a 71 Ike friendly eagle and a bunch of SBA D/P/S mintmarks 79-81 and a 99. Same thing with the Sacs (none of the error or varieties). I'll post some pics.
    While I sort the coins, I actually have a picture of three 1971- D Ike dollars that I find interesting. Check it out and try to list everything that stands out. One of the 3 I believe is friendly eagle variety, I think.
    So far Im 0 for 6 when it comes to correctly identifying DDs and varieties. I need to get on the board at least. Thanks IMG_20171017_014054999.jpg IMG_20171017_013517835.jpg IMG_20171017_012642795.jpg IMG_20171017_012437529.jpg

12. Norman Asis

Roger that! Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted