galba68 finds

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by galba68, Nov 14, 2017.

1. galba68

galba68 Well-Known Member

hadrian and nerva denarius, find on sunday..
    upload_2017-11-14_19-22-11.jpeg upload_2017-11-14_19-23-8.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Excellent Nerva and the Hadrian reverse is outstanding

dougsmit likes this.
  4. galba68

it was complicated to clean hadrian, but its been very easy with nerva..just under tap water..top quality silver..

5. galba68

bing, l will post, l hope tomorrow, most interested coin l find last month..its barbaric coinage, crude ancient copy of maiorina of vetranio, l belive..no crude letters, or dots around vetranio head..l ll try to make best photo..

6. Youngcoin

Youngcoin Everything Collector

You are so lucky you can metal detect for ANCIENTS! Only if we could in the states.

Thanks,
    Jacob

7. galba68

hi jacob..from time to time l also find medieval coins, coins from 16th, 17th century..l like small silver medieval coins, mostly from hungary, germany and austria..and turkish coins..if its small value, l gave to my friends..even roman coins, sometimes, l give away..

Curtisimo and Youngcoin like this.
  8. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Wow, fantastic finds, congratulations! Here's what my metal detector finds usually look like...

caps.jpg

9. wrappedinsky

wrappedinsky Active Member

Dove gli hai trovati? Mi piacano! Sono molto belle!

10. galba68

hi john..never give up..you guys in us also have nice coins to find..before u go to detecting, make picture of the coins which u like to find in your mind..it helps sometimes..go slow..change the fields..u will strike, dont worry...

Curtisimo and John Anthony like this.
  11. AncientJoe

AncientJoe Well-Known Member

I'm very envious of your ability to find coins! I would love to go metal detecting in Europe but would be worried about all of the cultural property issues in the US these days. Finding an ancient coin, regardless of value, would be a truly incredible experience.

Youngcoin, Orfew, Curtisimo and 2 others like this.
  12. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Exactly!!!

galba68 and Youngcoin like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted