Furryfrog Jr's World Coin Collection

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by furryfrog02, Dec 15, 2019.

1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

FF Jr and I spend a decent chunk of the day sorting his world coin collection and filling in a map of all the countries that he has coins for. By my admittedly bad count, he has about 70 countries. Not too shabby for searching a few junk bins and getting coins from the tellers at the bank. He was pretty proud of his collection and asked me to share a couple of pictures with you all.

Giant pile of coins and tokens
    IMG-5535.JPG

Sorting by country
    IMG-5553.JPG

Filled in map
    IMG-5554.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

A few years ago my mom bought me one of these. Not the exact same, but very similar. Assuming you've done your holiday shopping already, maybe this isn't an immediate buy, but something to keep in mind. Mine is nearly complete.

Amazon link

4. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

What a great project!! icon_smile_thumbsup.gif icon_smile_thumbsup.gif

furryfrog02 and Evan Saltis like this.
  5. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

.. it's very impressive...:)...

Inspector43 and furryfrog02 like this.
  6. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

That's the best. Sharing your hobbies with your children is priceless.

7. furryfrog02

That's pretty cool!

Evan Saltis likes this.
  8. furryfrog02

It really is. He has taken to coins like a duck to water. He loves ancients, wold coins, and searching through rolls of coins from the bank with me. My daughter is 3 and is starting to show interest in what dad and big brother are doing as well. Hopefully we will get her hooked and then when my 3 month old son gets a bit older, we will snag him too :)

9. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Tell FF Jr. That I think he has an impressive collection! 70 countries is a lot to find! I only have a handful of foreign coins. Let me know what countries he needs and I will donate it to the collection if I have one.

Stevearino likes this.
  10. furryfrog02

That's super kind of you. Most of what he needs now are African countries as well as some Middle Eastern stuff. A few random places in Asia and Central/South America. I think the African and Middle Eastern stuff is gonna be tough to find. Not a lot of coins coming from places like Chad, Libya, Syria, Tajikistan, or Mongolia :p

Inspector43 likes this.
  11. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Unlike most of us, you will have no worries as to the hands your collection ends up in. icon_smile_thumbsup.gif

Stevearino and furryfrog02 like this.
  12. furryfrog02

They may end up fighting over it...Oh well...I'll be dead haha

Islander80-83 likes this.
  13. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

FF Jr ... Does that make him a FurryTadpole ?
    Lol
    Nice collection project!!
    Good luck

Inspector43 and Stevearino like this.
  14. furryfrog02

Indeed it does :p
    Thanks. He has is stash in two "treasure chests" that he got at the Philadelphia mint and the Federal Reserve in DC. They are jam packed now and he has informed me that we need to go to the Denver mint to get another one haha.

Clawcoins likes this.
  15. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Very cool! I've got a lot of coins from Zambia, I'll try to remember to put some aside for you the next time I'm in that part of my collection.

Stevearino and furryfrog02 like this.
  16. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

I have a 2015 Suriname Penny if he needs it. Just let me know by PM and I'll send it right out. Everything else I have is pretty commom

17. furryfrog02

Thanks for the offer :) He has a Suriname 25 cents that got sucked into the coin counter at the bank. The teller ladies hold all the coins for him that go into the reject bin and give them to him every couple of weeks.

Inspector43 and Seattlite86 like this.
  18. brandon spiegel

brandon spiegel Brandon Spiegel

Thats cool!!!!

furryfrog02 likes this.
  19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

FF Junior has an impressive collection for such a young lad. :)

Glad you got the boy hooked Dad......so many of us have tried to inspire our offspring, but to no avail

furryfrog02 and Seattlite86 like this.
  20. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

What a coincidence. Most of you know that I have been collecting coins for over 70 years. I have also been collecting stamps for the same time. And, this evening, for some strange reason, I pulled out some old shoeboxes full of old stamps from all over the world. Some of the countries don't even exist anymore. I must have had a mental push from you. Great project.

21. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

He's got some really good ones in there. The Prussian and Chinese were the first two to catch my eye. Good on him.

furryfrog02 and Inspector43 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted