Funny story about a "cursed coin"

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Sullysullinburg, May 27, 2015.

1. Sullysullinburg

Sullysullinburg Well-Known Member

A friend of mine on Insatgram was contacted about this coin, whoever contacted him must have thought he could pull a fast one. image.jpg image.jpg

HunterOhlsen, rooman9 and Charles1997 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

hmmm.... Well in that case I have found a ton of exorcist coins.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  4. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

I once worked for a company that had as oh-so-wonderful customers a family that had at least six generations living in the same public housing complex... and yes, it was at the same time. So, while it may not be common, it is not unheard of for someone to know their own great-great grandparent, be it in 1973 or today. Odd, yes, but nonetheless possible.

5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Yeah me too! On mine Washington head spins and he's barfing green pea soup.:vomit:. as seen on TV!!!!!
    And if you buy one right now..... we'll double your order just pay extra shipping and handling charges .
    Be the first one to gross out a cashier handing her a head spinning pea soup barfing quarter.

****Not available in sectors P and Q. Offer only good for two per household.**** Users of coin star please see warnings*** see small print disclaimers ,the product not sold to minors please state age when ordering .

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    HunterOhlsen likes this.
  6. vdbpenny1995

vdbpenny1995 Well-Known Member

Funny enough I saw this on Instagram, heck I even liked those posts lol

7. Taxidermist

Taxidermist Collector of US/IL/RU/DE

Who said the grandpa/father wasn't an exorcist? Story totally legit.

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

My aunt is a great great grandmother and she was alive in 1973. Heck she became a GGGMother two years ago and not only is there a good chancel her G G Granddaughter will know her, there is a chance she may live to see her GGGGrandchild.

9. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Is this GG-grandfather passing on a coin-story true? Maybe. But I still don't buy it. Exorcist? Evil spirits? Really? C'mon...

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  10. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Sure and his great, great grandfather was alive in 1973?

Lets calculate, if the seller is say 40, his father should be at least 60, Grandfather 80, great grandfather is/was 110, great-great grandfather is a minimum of 130.

so, in 1973 his great-great grandfather was a minimum of 88.

and this is assuming they were all child brides.

11. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

I'm not buying this Great-Great-Grandfather baloney either............

micbraun likes this.
  12. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

1) I see no reason to assume the seller is over 20.

2) Assume, on average, the line has kids at age 25.

3) Seller would be 20, father 45, gramps 70, ggramps 95, gggramps 120.

4) If gggramps was born 120 years ago, he was 78 in 1973. ggramps would have been 53.

5) At that age, gggramps might still enjoy trolling the young'uns, but ggramps would have known better, most likely.

And what does the age of the bride have to do with anything? Hasn't everybody here sung along to "I'm My Own Grandpa"?

13. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

At the hospital I see a lot of guys who become fathers before they are 20. Fater at 20, grandfather at 40, great grandfather at 60 and great great grandfather at 80. if he lives to 90 there is a good chance his great great grandson could remember hm and getting a coin from him.

With women it's even worse, a lot of 16 year old mothers. That can make them possible great great grandmothers at 64. Five generation pictures around here are not that unusual, and some six generation pictures.

14. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

So now we know what exorcism does to a coins patina. Hmmmm
    It looks exactly like a dug clad coin.

Draft saved Draft deleted