funky bicentennial quarter

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by secCoinHunter, Jul 26, 2016.

1. secCoinHunter

secCoinHunter Member

gorgeous quarter, thoughts? (i see doubling, including 2 eyes on the front, hair lip on the drummer boy, 2 drum sticks, etc.)
    2stars.jpg drummer2sticks.jpg drummerboy.jpg igwt.jpg Tue Jul 26 21-16-31.jpg washington2eyes.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I think it was struck with a die that was pushed way beyond it's useful life. The die was not doubled, just greatly worn.

4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Cool coin but all of the above is machine doubling .

Markus1959 likes this.
  5. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

That looks like wear. Those devices take hits and end up looking like they are doubled. There are vicious coin counting machines out there. Then there are the cashiers that crack open rolls of coins like its a can of biscuits. Coins constantly being abused and no one speaks out. Your coin is proof. It is now your time to save this poor coin and take it out of service. Store it away so future generations may learn from coin abuse. Coin lives matter.

rickmp likes this.
  6. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

Since I really couldn't see all of the coin I did go and look up in the CPG and found two varieties for 1976-D BiCentennial Quarters. LIBERTY would be the kicker in both varieties. So we need to see LIBERTY also. Even with all that I'm still in with my first call or the MD thing. I would probably keep it. I keep too much.

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

A colonial drummer ;)

8. Stoneman2

Stoneman2 New Member

Clawcoins and Cascade like this.
  9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

10. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Draft saved Draft deleted