Fun Thread... Explain your Avatar!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Cascade, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

This has become a fun thread on another forum so I thought I'd bring it here. I'm sure lots of us wonder what others avatars represent and why they picked them so let's share.

Mine is a close-up of the Thorn Head gouge on my 1921-s monochrome-monster orange toned VAM 1B6. I bought it raw from a dealer's case at long beach for $50. At the time it was my biggest score and it represents all 3 of my passions, VAMs, toners & cherrypicking killer deals all in one coin. I've had a $1500 offer I turned down. I love it too much still :)

So, let's get some other explananrions and stories as to why your avatar is what it is...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    dlhill132, Smojo, robec and 1 other person like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Mine's easy - it's me :)

Smojo, paddyman98 and Cascade like this.
  4. jtlee321

jtlee321 Well-Known Member

Mine is the 1907 UHR Double Eagle. I think it's one of the most beautifully designed coins of all time. Particularly the 1907 for it's extremely high relief and I love that the date is in Roman Numerals. Someday, I'm going to make a cherrypick that will make me enough money to buy one of these. :)

dlhill132, Eaglefawn, Smojo and 4 others like this.
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I've used a couple different avatars that are images of a coin that I have owned, but if I sell the coin, I look for a replacement from my collection. Before the 1998-S Kennedy, it was an 1883-CC Morgan.

Chris

11656[1].jpg

Eaglefawn, AcesKings, Smojo and 5 others like this.
  6. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Mine is of a 1917 Standing Liberty Quarter . I have been searching for one for my type set of its quality for quite awhile now. I found it at Annapolis show last spring by accident . I was hunting a few other series and just so happened this caught my eye. Graded Au-58 that I feel is so below grade.
    Another reason I choose this coin is I love Art Deco anything ! The art deco era by far was one with dreams of the future with the class of the passed.

7. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

Geez chris, I don't think I can imagine you with a anything other than that Kennedy lol

8. cpm9ball

Actually, I'll probably keep it for a while, not only because I have a pair of them (MS69's) but also because they were graded by PCGS before they changed over to the "SP" designation.

Chris

Eaglefawn and Morgandude11 like this.
  9. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

To me there's something cheesy about using a coin as a picture, so mine is one of my other interests. This is a picture of a polar bear I took at Brookfield Zoo in suburban Chicago. My wife actually got me a gift where you can "adopt" an animal, so it's kind of my bear.

10. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Mine's currently reflecting a bit of a shift in focus to Woodie Lincolns. :)

11. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

Monopoly money...

robec, green18 and Cascade like this.
  12. robec

robec Junior Member

Mine is a watered down photo of my favorite coin in my MPL set.

[​IMG]

13. Golden age

Golden age Go for the gold

Mine is my birth year coin.

14. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Mine screams, "He thinks he's a comedian".

JDcahill, Jwt708, Eaglefawn and 4 others like this.
  15. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Almost didn't recognize you old fellow. :)

SuperDave likes this.
  16. Golden age

Golden age Go for the gold

Or you are a bears fan.

Eaglefawn, green18 and Hiddendragon like this.
  17. cpm9ball

Well, I can understand why you'd feel that way. The coins you have posted are some of the ugliest specimens I have ever seen.

JUST KIDDING!

Chris:woot::woot::woot::woot:

Eaglefawn and Hiddendragon like this.
  18. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Bullwinkle #1 The 1961 Old London Bullwinkle coin set is the scarcest of the plastic rimmed paper insert "Coin" sets issued by Old London, Sheriff, Salada and Junket. The set features sixty coins picturing in bright colors Bullwinkle, Rocky, Natasha, Boris, Dudley and other characters from the classic cartoon series.
    Brake for moose is a bumbper sticker from NH

19. cpm9ball

What a beauty!

Chris

robec likes this.
  20. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

Up until last week, my avatar was an image of the reverse of the coin that inspired me to start collecting (1941 wheat penny). For some reason the website won't let me add a picture of it.

After I hit 1000 posts, I decided to change it to a bust quarter reverse, since it's one of my favorite reverses (with the formidable looking eagle, etc.). I was going to put up one of my 1818's but the site didn't like that picture either, so I chose my 1821 instead.

Eaglefawn and dwhiz like this.
  21. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

Geez im used to the worn morgan, didnt even realize that was you. Nice lincoln too. I wish I could afford early high grade S mints like that. I have to stick with phillys for now.

Eaglefawn and Cascade like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted