FUN SHOW FINDS - 1935-S VAM Peace $ in very high grade

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Collect89, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

I’m back from FUN and collected some really nice coins there. Please tell us about the coins you found at FUN and post some of your FUN finds here.

This first coin is a really nice high grade Peace dollar. Its flash & frost got my attention from afar. It is raw & I originally graded it 64-star at the show. Now that I have taken it home, I think it may have an honest shot at MS65. You will see some marks in the luster that would keep it from MS66 IMO.

The reverse is as frosty as the obverse although my photo may not do the reverse justice. There is a fourth ray below ONE on the reverse. I believe that 1935 is the only date with this variety. Unfortunately, there is no doubling on the reverse. After review, I believe it is either VAM 3 or VAM 6. The combination of high grade & the fourth ray makes it a real keeper I think. I hope some of our VAM enthusiasts will chime in on this one.

Please post your FUN finds.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Attached Files:

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

I got this neat trilobite. :)

[​IMG]

I also purchased an 1816 large cent (from the forum's own 900fine!) and a 1905 Proof IHC (from Charmy, aka The Penny Lady). Haven't taken my own photos yet, but here's the IHC:

[​IMG]

5. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Nice Trilobite. I think I saw the same dealer (furthest to the right on the show floor on the far side of foreign/ancient section). I bought a piece of Malachite from the guy. I also purchased a mint state 1885 V-nickel from Ed & Lance Hipps. Photos will be shared as soon as I take them.

Draft saved Draft deleted