FSR recent auction 23 Feb

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by zenlib, Mar 6, 2021.

1. zenlib

zenlib Member

I would be the first to gripe if I had a problem with a dealer or auction. Therefore, if things seem to go extremely right, I feel I should give credit. I recently bought a couple of 17th & 18th century British Maundy sets from Frank Robinson. I was very pleased with what I got. Some of you might know that this period of Maundy sets is very controversial. I overpaid but I knew what I was doing and it is an auction; it is not Mr. Robinson's fault if the bids go high. I think the coins were fairly graded and they look better than the photographs. Without claiming to be an expert, most examples I have seen are "dirty." These were un-craptified circulated specimens.

I had preciously bought a Roman Imperial Galleria Valeria from FSR. I was pleased with that too. So, FSR is two for two with me.

Chris B, Kentucky and cmezner like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mrbadexample

mrbadexample Well-Known Member

True, people are seldom as quick to praise as they are to criticise. :) Got any pictures?

4. zenlib

zenlib Member

I have not yet reached the level of taking my own photographs, although I do aspire to it. The best I can do is direct you to the auction page. Remember, I said the coins look better than their pictures. Lots 336 and 338 at www.fsrcoin.com/h.html

Draft saved Draft deleted