WTS: FS Heritage: Rare Canadian Gold and Half Dollars

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by giorgio11, Aug 11, 2016.

1. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

As part of my continuing retirement planning, I have also consigned all of my better-date Canadian material to Heritage for their upcoming Long Beach World Coins auction, for which bidding starts in about a week and concludes with a live auction on Sept. 13. At one time I had an extensive Canadian collection before realizing that I could not possibly hope to complete it (including all the gold, the provinces, all series, what was I thinking), which was our goal in starting out. Nonetheless, I do not regret one bit the journey, as I have met some very nice, dedicated, and passionate collectors of Canadian coins along the way, some of whom are as generous with their time and knowledge as they are about trading and sharing nice coins.

At any rate, the lesser Canadian coins are gone, so the Good Stuff is now at Heritage. The collection includes two of the rarest Canadian coins. One of the 1947 Maple Leaf half dollar, Curved Right 7 (sometimes just called Curved 7) in VF35 PCGS. A fellow Canadian collector told me a few years back "don't sell that because you'll never find another one!" The other coin is a 1913-C Canadian sovereign MS63 PCGS, of which only 3,715 pieces were struck, and this one is extremely nice for the grade.

Quite a few other coins are also offered; 1909-C, 1914-C sovereigns; an 1870-LCW Victoria half dollar AU55 PCGS with the best surfaces you will ever see (a coin I always thought had claims to Mint State); several other Vicky halves; gold decimal coinage including a 1914 10 Dollars in MS64+ PCGS, a 1912 10 Dollar in MS61 PCGS (much nicer than the grade implies); 5 Dollar gold as well; and many of the better George VI and Elizabeth II half dollars in Mint State, including two examples of the 1948 (MS63 and MS64), a 1949 Hoof, and Newfoundland half dollars (including a 1917-C MS64 PCGS) and 20 Cents.

I'd be proud for you to take a look.

http://www.ha.com/c/search.zx?saleNo=3049&collection=32&type=friend-consignorlive-notice&FC=0
    Kind regards, :happy:

George

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Aidan_() likes this.