from yesterday find..bingo!!!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by galba68, Nov 21, 2017.

1. galba68

galba68 Well-Known Member

yesterday l post my thread with my yesterday find..l start to clean that large coin on the far left on the photograph..and, its best patina l seen in years!! and easiest coin l ever cleaned..l know , its viminacium, dacia type, but coin is just great...lts little bit hard to clean on philippus and godess head, but, its no problem..its 14.5og..
    upload_2017-11-21_16-28-15.jpeg
    upload_2017-11-21_16-28-57.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

oh yeah, looks like some nice surfaces under that dirt! I hope the rest of it looks as good.

Here's mine....meh....my photography didn't help any.

100_7566_zpsknkwo1xd.jpg

Philip I, the Arab, 244 -249 A.D., Viminacium, Moesia Superior

O: IMP M IVL PHILIPPVS AVG, laureate, draped and cuirassed bust right, from behind; R: P M S COL VIM, Moesia standing facing, head left, extending hands over bull on left standing right and lion on right standing left, AN VIIII (year 9 of the Viminacium colonial era..248 AD) in exergue . Varbanov I 138. 28 mm, 17.9 g

4. TJC

TJC Well-Known Member

Fantastic coin! I really like AE Viminacium Lion / Bull coins and yours has tons of detail remaining under the gunk!

galba68 likes this.
  5. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

Pretty cool!

galba68 likes this.
  6. gsimonel

gsimonel Well-Known Member

Congratulations on a great find. That's a real beauty! I imagine that you must have been very excited when you started cleaning it.

galba68 likes this.
  7. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

Cool find!!!!

galba68 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted