From toilet paper to silver

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by GH#75, Jul 28, 2020.

1. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

As you all know, many people hoarded toilet paper like there was no tomorrow, and for weeks there was none in store. Now, as silver price is going up, people are hoarding silver. Look at some of the main silver bullion sites - there is nothing left except for huge lots of coins listed for over $10,000. The only place I could find any 90% silver was on AMPEX, where they are selling rolls of silver coinage like dimes and quarters. Here, take a look! (links below) Are any of you hoarding silver? I'm not, but thats just me.

out of silver - https://www.jmbullion.com/silver/junk-silver/all-junk-silver/

silver coin rolls for sale - https://www.apmex.com/search?&q=90 Silver Coins 5 Face Value Roll Dimes

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I'm metal detecting a lot of silver.. These are all my silver finds for the past 4 months on the weekends!
    IMG_20200728_112425_858.jpg

Maybe I should sell them? :greedy:

4. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I saw something on CNBC (or Fox Business) today that said Covid-19 has really cut into the production numbers at the West Point Mint. I suspect that may have something to do with it.

5. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

Ive never even found one silver coin metal detecting.

paddyman98 likes this.
  6. paddyman98

And Toilet Paper.. I have no problem with that.
    These are cases left by tenants that recently moved out of some commercial floors in my building.. I have now 4 cases of TP! :wideyed:
    20200728_155519.jpg
    I take about 8 rolls home per day ;)

GH#75 likes this.
  7. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

Lots of various silver rounds and bars available still. But buying now just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I have bought a lot (for me) between 3 and 6 months ago, and will hang onto it. Glad I had some extra $$$$ when It was $12-$14 .

GH#75 likes this.
  8. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Wasn't that the purpose of detecting them?

paddyman98 likes this.
  9. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Do you dip your finds? If you do, what do you dip them in? They look real nice.

10. paddyman98

All cleaned quickly with Arm & Hammer Baking Soda!

Inspector43 and GH#75 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted