from the Future

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kaosleeroy108, May 2, 2019.

1. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

I'm laughing at this magazine I found in my local library. u.s. coin prices June /2019 issue volume 66 no 6. the future is really thin and poorly written..lol

Attached Files:

Legomaster1 and Evan Saltis like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

That's why I invest and buy a 100 dollar book every 2-3 years ;)

4. AnonymousCoinCollector

AnonymousCoinCollector Reintroduce silver coins to circulation!

Pretty much all magazines are dated like this.

Nobody wants to buy "old" news, so they date them a week or month ahead (i.e. the June issue comes out in May).

Evan Saltis likes this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's normal for almost all magazines to date ahead but it is funny with future prices in them. Who's using that crystal ball any way?

6. I just found that 3 cent coin on the cover in a dime roll yesterday! Screenshot_2019-05-01-13-12-43.png Screenshot_2019-05-01-13-11-17.png

7. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

Why did you say "poorly written?" I'm undoubtedly biased, but I consider what I write to be "well written."

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Another strange thread by kaos! :hilarious:

9. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

By my phrase poorly.. i.mean to say the article are not well detail on it and the magazine is kinda thin.. and not worth picking up

10. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

I agree that Coins has gotten rather thin, and there's not a whole lot of text in it. One problem with my articles, at any rate, is that the number of words is limited by the editor. I used to make them much longer. And I don't know why the magazine hits the newstands so much earlier than the date on the magazine. I got my copy of the June issue in April!

Draft saved Draft deleted