From my wife's loose change...

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Robert Ransom, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Well, okay but you can hug her and tell her how much you love her. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

Been there, done that over and over and over.:happy::happy::happy:

paddyman98, -jeffB and Collecting Nut like this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Glad to hear that! She does help support your habit. :)

5. Robert Ransom

...and is my manna from (been told to watch my p's and q's) so I'll say "Up there.":shame::shame::shame:

6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

7. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Torn between DDO-002 and 007, leaning toward 002. The spread on IGWT is pretty strong on your coin, and the secondary O in GOD is incomplete, as it is on 002. The die scratch in front of the shoulder looks to be present on your coin, also.

8. Robert Ransom

Will these pics. help? DSC04839 (4).JPG DSC04839 (5).JPG DSC04839 (6).JPG

9. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

That is an awesome find in pocket change.

10. messydesk

Comparisons to those shown here would help, especially the letters GOD and the area just in front of Lincoln's shoulder pointed to just above the "Stage C photos" section.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  11. Robert Ransom

Make some room on your desk, here they are. Hope the quality is ok. DSC04839 (7).JPG DSC04839 (8).JPG DSC04839 (9).JPG DSC04839 (10).JPG

12. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I am at 002 die stage C. The marker is no doubt present.
    Nice find Robert! Good detailed photos. Xf for value IMO.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Pickin and Grinin

ON the 07 the second hubbing is more complete hence the heavy notching. and the image doesn't disappear into the rim. On the 02 the notching is not there. The second hubbing seams to taper into the device. The die marker is there.

14. White Ger. Shep. Lover

White Ger. Shep. Lover Well-Known Member

No offense taken, Robert. Cat imoges rock....as our very own MeowTheKitty can attest to. Congratulations once again on your monumental find. There's still 27 days remaining in April, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet the ranch and all of the cattle in it that you're going to win FOTM (Find Of The Month) honors here at CT......hands down.

-jeffB likes this.
  15. Collecting Nut

Not a bad investment for one cent.

16. messydesk

[/QUOTE]
    Yup. The O in GOD and the marker by the shoulder is all I needed to see. Congrats, and don't forget to tell your wife how much we all geeked out over this.

17. Robert Ransom

Wow!! Thanks everyone. Do you think I should dive into the rain-barrel of pennies in the corner of my office? The rain-barrel is actually an old nail keg.

18. Robert Ransom

I just had a great idea. I'll have my wife reach into the barrel and grab a fistful. :happy:

19. Pickin and Grinin

I cashed a check today asked the teller if he had any customer wrapped rolls, He said they had a lot of them, they just couldn't send them thru the drive up. I know where I am stopping when this time is all said and done.

20. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Don't you worry about that. It is really rare to find something as such a nice variety.
    It is like winning the lottery! We have members that each have posted about 50 coins asking if they are Doubled Die and each and every time the answer is no.
    It is refreshing to finally see a true Doubled Die! Be content with it and please don't drive yourself nuts trying to find another. :nailbiting:

21. Robert Ransom

On a whim, I took a fistful of coins from "the barrel" and began sorting. About fifty coins into the pile, 'Bingo', I came across another one in pretty decent condition. I'll take pics. and post when I have clear ones to upload.

Draft saved Draft deleted