Free US Marine Toys for Tots Token

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by SchwaVB57, Oct 12, 2018.

1. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

I will like to send a couple former or current serving Marines a Free Token to thank them for their service. These were pulled from a can of tokens purchased yesterday. To be eligible, reply I am in with dates served, unit, highest rank, and campaigns of your unit if applicable. IMG_0873.JPG I will draw at random on 10/19/2018, next Friday, 2 winners will be pulled.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. capthank

capthank Well-Known Member

Is this a Challenge coin or Token or both?

4. SchwaVB57

I do not understand a challenge coin. I believe it is a token advertising
    Toys for Tots.

5. John Johnson

John Johnson Well-Known Member

I am not a Marine. I am an Air Force vet. However, the father of one of my coworkers is a retired Marine. I ran a 5K last year that was sponsored by the Marine Corps and there were several Marine items (a hat, a couple of lanyards) in the goody bag they gave us and I passed them on to him. He was thrilled. I'm sure he would also be thrilled with one of these coins if you choose me as a winner. I understand if I'm not 'qualified' though.

SchwaVB57 likes this.
  6. SchwaVB57

Thank you for your service John. If I do not get at least 2 Marines to sign up, I will gladly send you a coin for your co-workers father. I hope a few former or current Marines do see the thread and want one of the tokens.

John Johnson likes this.
  7. STU

STU Active Member

I served in the marines Vietnam vet 1968-1970 e-3

8. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I was moved by this thread. I am responding mainly to get it back up near the top hoping you get a bit more traction before the deadline........ And as an aside, I too have one of these in the odds & ends part of my coin collection. Don’t even remember where I acquired it. If you get more folks interested before tomorrow I would gladly contribute mine as well.

wcoins and SchwaVB57 like this.
  9. SchwaVB57

So far, only 1 response from a Marine and John Johnson willing to give to a co-worker. Your generosity is appreciated as well. capthank responded, but never clarified if he was interested.

10. SchwaVB57

The winners of the Marines Toys for Tots coins are @John Johnson and @STU. If you both PM me your mailing information, I will get them out early next week.

wcoins and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  11. SchwaVB57

The tokens were put in the mail yesterday. You should have them by the end of the week.

12. capthank

Sorry, I missed getting on line and seeing your post. I have a Marine friend with two Purple Hearts. So if not to late please let me know.

13. SchwaVB57

Sorry, they were mailed out last Monday.

14. capthank

Thanks for letting me know.

Draft saved Draft deleted