Free Coin in the Mail?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by slamster17, Dec 17, 2010.

1. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

So, last week while I was away at school a coin was shipped to my house. It was an Abe Lincoln pres. $1 coin, in circulated condition, from Paul Hollis Rare Coins. Did anyone else get this? I thought it was kind of nice of them to send out free money, right? Don't mean for the to be an advertisement either, just wanted to ask if anyone else got one?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

Dave's Collectable Coins sent me one, but I had to first put it in my cart at the website, then it was shipped to me as a Christmas gift. Great idea.

4. Fifty

Fifty Master Roll Searcher

Cool but if it's circulated I'd just be tempted to break it out and spend it. Already have the offical sets.

5. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

I believe that he sent them to all the YN's that are ANA members. My son and the other three YN's from this summer's ANA show all got one.

Richard

6. HULLCOINS

HULLCOINS Junior Member

I got one too... They were only sent to YN's if you read one too.. Are you a member of the ANA? I think thats how I got mine... I joined in August. Mine is UNC although it really doesn't matter. Fifty.... There is nothing to break it out of, it is in a little folder.

7. HULLCOINS

HULLCOINS Junior Member

That's what I found out too, ziggy

8. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Probably a promotion to get their name out there. But it's a free dollar, you can't go wrong there!

9. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

It's a nice investment in the future for them. Some of these YN's will see them at a show a few years down the line and remember that they were the people that sent them a coin in the mail.

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I didn't get one. Isn't the cutoff date for YN's 65?

Chris

Rushmore likes this.
  11. coop

coop Senior Member

Give them a free coin and try to get them to buy the rest from you. Write it off as advertising and reel in when he has a bite. (A little fish humor. LOL)

12. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

Yea, I think I saw something about YN's in the material that came with it. Pretty expensive looking advertising. I am an ANA YN, my first and last year :) turn 22 in 2011. It's a cool way to get your name out there. It wasn't in any capsule or anything just in a sleek unmarked black envelope with a brochure about Lincoln and the coin as you can kind of see from the picture. Definitely made me check out their website at least!

and LOL at Chris

13. Marshall

Marshall Junior Member

At first I thought you had received a Liberty Dime for looking at that Silver Investment firm that used to offer a Silver Dollar when you looked at their prospectus.

14. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

I wish I got a free liberty dime or silver dollar! Talk about a return on investment...

15. coinmaster1

coinmaster1 Active Member

I got a free Lincoln dollar from Paul Hollis.

16. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

Ouch. I didn't get one.

Maybe they have been reading my comments on Presidential Dollars. :D

17. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

Yeah.. coinmaster1 I got the same from the same guy.

18. Numismacoin

Numismacoin New Member

Though its probably only worth $1

19. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

This thread is over 12 years old. Been a very long time since a number of these members have been heard from.
    Welcome to CT.

Draft saved Draft deleted