Free 2019 P Jefferson Nickel, Thoughts

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mountain Man, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

I don't know how many of you get mail with a coin or even a one dollar bill to entice you to read their plea for donations, but I give monthly to Disabled Vets and they still send me requests, so I don't feel bad about keeping the coin. This nickel was my latest and it was a "Bobby Dazzler" in my opinion. Aside from a couple of bag marks, it is very clean and I think it has full steps. What are your thoughts. A keeper for me but I'd like others opinions.

Photo on 11-19-19 at 4.22 PM.jpg

Photo on 11-19-19 at 4.23 PM #2.jpg

Photo on 11-19-19 at 4.24 PM #2.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Go to the bank, buy a handful of nickel rolls and I bet you'll find a nicer one.

Inspector43 likes this.
  4. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Steps really don't get much better than that, but the mint has kinda perfected the process at this point. Virtually every nickel they churn out has full steps these days.

Inspector43 likes this.
  5. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

I had a Gov Agency send me a young adults survey about my future they sent me a $2 dollar bill when they sent the survey paper and told me I would get another $5 when I send it back complete.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Not bad for a free nickel. Nice steps.

Inspector43 likes this.
  7. Mike185

Mike185 Well-Known Member

I get those too.. “just waiting on the big one” to be sent to me.. lol
    6A7BA127-0C4E-4BB4-B51C-33D2BD6D5D05.jpeg

Ps. Secret Santa....Sign up guys!!

8. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Nice. It has the typical die chip at the left end of the building.

9. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

It's very generous of you to donate to Disabled Vets. They surely deserve all of our support. The DAV is one legit organization that I know of. I donate to them a few times a year. There are others that are legit and others that are not. Charity Navigator is one way to check them out. I myself am very leery of charities that give you anything because it almost makes you feel obligated to give something back. I'm pretty sure they want you to keep the nickel.

10. Mountain Man

I agree and use Charity Navigator before even considering a donation. I also give monthly donations to ASPCA, my local Humane Society (building fund for new facilities) and USO. You should see my collection of free greeting cards, pens, address stickers. LOL

11. Mike185

Mike185 Well-Known Member

I donate every year. But I do not use the guys that call asking to donate just because not all the money that is donated goes toward them.. well I'm talking about our AR state Police department. Send a check straight to them.. Kinda guessing it will help me later on if I ever get pulled over and get a ticket..... jk

Collecting Nut likes this.
  12. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Mike, don't hold your breath on that one. I don't think the officer writing the ticket will know you donated. I got a good laugh on that one my friend.

And I had a nice 2 hour nap. Watching Big Jake now. A great John Wayne western. Bedtime soon I think.

Mike185 likes this.
  13. Mountain Man

Not going to happen even if you had a sticker indicating you donated on your window. Now, if you had a "get out of jail" card, I would have probably looked at it and then wrote the ticket. LOL

Mike185 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted