Franklin half dollar 1951 S RPM 002

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Razz, May 21, 2021.

1. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

This is not the more popular RPM 001 or the slightly more valuable DDR, but I think a nice pick up nonetheless. Hard to see in my photos but the line on top of the S easy to see in hand. It has ALL the stage B pick up points from the Franklin Lovers website, including die scratches on neck, scratches from bell to yolk, from eagle to yolk and vertical scratches through the B in Pluribus and the UN in Unum. It also his a light clash on the mouth and nose. This last PUP is the most interesting to me as there is no bugs bunny clash for the 51 S, however the light clash on the mouth and nose is as close as you can get and it is on the RPM 002 for the 51 S. DSCN2876~2.JPG DSCN2875~2.JPG DSCN2875~3.JPG DSCN2881~2.JPG DSCN2866~2.JPG DSCN2861~2.JPG DSCN2870~2.JPG DSCN2872~2.JPG DSCN2869~2.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Nice franklin half.

Razz likes this.
  4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

It's a Little Baby Rabbit !! 1955_Franklin_BugsTEETH2_OBV.jpg

Razz likes this.
  5. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Thanks. The LCS had it marked MS63. It is not FBL and a little beat up. Nothing a dealer would pay more than greysheet for unless they had a Franklin collector in mind, and even then probably not much of a premium. Interesting study though.

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted