France: gilt bronze specimen medal by Antoine Bovy, for Napoleon Bonaparte's 1840 Paris funeral

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by lordmarcovan, Jun 27, 2020.

?

How interesting/appealing do you find this item, whether or not you're an expert? (1=worst, 10=best)

1. 10

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. 9

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. 8

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. 7

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I don't want to be congratulated. This is not about who knows what. Yeah, I got a little irritated over a couple of your comments, and I regret that. I wanted this to be a learning experience for me and others who may be interested in French medals.

Unfortunately, I'm just too dang old and lack the computer skills to be able to change as easily and quickly as the computer companies want in order to bleed more money from me.

By the way, the Different is the mintmark chosen by the Director of the Paris Mint, and each new Director would choose a design of his own. It was instituted in 1841 to protect against (what else!) counterfeit medals. The mintmark was stamped into the edge of each medal, and there were several designs used over the next 40 years until it was decided to use the Cornucopia as the permanent mintmark.

I hope we can still be friends. ~ Chris

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Thank you. We can, though I too got a bit irritated- over you declaring my medal a restrike on the basis of an (erroneous) assumption.

'Nuf said about that, I reckon.

4. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted