FRANCE-1927-ELECTRICITY- Bonze art deco Medal by DAMMANN

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by spirityoda, Jan 7, 2019.

1. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

FRANCE-1927-ELECTRICITY- SUPERB BRONZE Medal ART DECO by DAMMANN-IN BOX. I have wanted this medal for a long time. This 1 looks to be in very good shape with out scratches/dents. sellers pics...

Dammann A.jpg
    Dammann B.jpg Dammann C.jpg

I really like the face side. So art deco. :cool::cat::cat::cat:

DonnaML, chrisild, Dave M and 3 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

almost reminds one of the 1927 film "Metropolis"

spirityoda likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It's always a good feeling when you are able to find and acquire such a wonderful piece of art. Unlike coins, many of the older medals are much scarcer because they are usually struck in mere hundreds as opposed to tens of thousands. And, so often, they do not come with a protective case such as yours and are subject to the wear and tear of the decades. I've been collecting 19th & 20th century French medals for about 25 years, and for all of those I have acquired, only a small handful have a protective case.

Nice find!

Chris

spirityoda likes this.
  5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Thank you. Do you have this medal ? I got it off Ebay last night for $80 + $10 shipping. This is my very 1st Medal. I hope to get some Bronze Cathedral medals in the far future by Jacques Wiener.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  6. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Hmm, not sure about the date. The company (CPDE) was founded in 1907 as the medal says, but this page for example suggests that the medal was issued in 1932, for the 25th anniversary ...

Christian

spirityoda likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I have a wide assortment, but that is not one of them. Unfortunately, I lost most of my images on my old computer when the graphics card fried. Here are some that I'm partial to.

IMG_0182 (2).JPG

IMG_0183 (2).JPG

IMG_1553 (2)[1].JPG

IMG_1554 (2)[1].JPG

MARIANNE BEFORE FRENCH SENATE.jpg

Chris

spirityoda likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted