FRAMED AND HUNG!!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by ominus1, Jun 25, 2019.

1. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

..hehe..ok..maybe a lil clickbait....anyway, she now graces the wall overlooking me at the "Table of Coins n Stuff".:)..i even got some lapis lazuli ..the blue mineral that Vermeer used in this painting..more influence from Ancients in Cointalk.. Maximilian ll  Girl with Pearl  lapi luzis mineral 003.JPG Maximilian ll  Girl with Pearl  lapi luzis mineral 004.JPG brandt2.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Al Kowsky

Al Kowsky Well-Known Member

Jan Vermeer's painting "The Girl with the Pearl Earring" has turned into a Pop Art icon :smuggrin:. Several years ago I acquired a glass paperweight by the renowned glass artist Mike Hunter, who incorporated miniature portraits in his paperweights including: "the Girl with the Pearl Earring, Marilyn Monroe, & Liz Taylor. See photos below.

IMG_7805.JPG IMG_7821.JPG IMG_7807.JPG

4. ominus1

kool!:)

5. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Way cool, Greg! And the lapis is cool too!

ominus1 likes this.
  6. Al Kowsky

Al Kowsky Well-Known Member

ominus1, I'd like your permission to copy your composition to my Pop Art files. It's the best laugh I've had in a while :D.

ominus1 likes this.
  7. ominus1

haha...help yourself Al...:D

8. ominus1

thanks Brian..:)

9. Suarez

Suarez Well-Known Member

There's a well-researched theory (with accompanying documentary) that speculates Vermeer used a complex mirror contraption to aid in his painting. Assuming you're an expert on his works, what's your take?

ominus1 likes this.
  10. Clavdivs

Clavdivs Well-Known Member

Yes I have read about this theory and viewed the documentary .... my opinion?
    Occam's razor.

ominus1 likes this.
  11. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Found one at a garage sale last week. It's gotta be an original........ devil.gif

ominus1 likes this.
  12. ominus1

yeah, i've read about that...camera obscura...it's a possibility ..but he & his works purdy much didn't come to light till the 19th century..aww heck.. i'm no expert on too much anything..:D

Draft saved Draft deleted