Fractional currency

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Illinois Newby, Jan 21, 2018.

1. I have run across these two interesting pieces in my Fathers collection. He dealt mainly with coins, but found IMG_20180121_085120825.jpg IMG_20180121_085057743[120].jpg these and would like to know more about them.

Michael K, lordmarcovan and Nathan401 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

4. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

5. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

Stanton and Columbia fractionals, desireable, not really valuable as far as things go but definitely collectible and not the most common of fractionals. Decent collectible examples it appears.

6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

7. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

This has been bugging me since the night after I made the post, and I finally remembered to come back and fix it. This is Stanton and LIBERTY, not Columbia... Columbia is on the 15 center. Whew... I feel better now. I'd keep remembering it but was never at the computer...

gsalexan and mikenoodle like this.
  8. Kenny Sammut

Kenny Sammut Passionate Collector

I thought many of you might enjoy this video on fractional currency. I film the Wilmington Coin Club presentations each month and put the videos on my numismatic youtube channel and our club's Facebook page. We are fortunate to have some very knowledgeable members. Dave and Pam Stitely gave this fractional currency presentation:

9. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I have never collected paper currency, but if I did, it would be notgeld and fractional currency.

asheland likes this.
  10. BunkerTrapMan

BunkerTrapMan Overcoming adversity is the key to happiness

very cool little things
    BTM (C)

asheland likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted