Four New Silvers

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Mat, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

I dont add modern silver world coins often like I would like. But these were offered on the PCGS boards at a great price and had to have them. The German are my first nazi coinage too.

And no I didnt pay the prices on the flips.

[​IMG]

01mikep, swamp yankee, 49ers and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

I love those old nazi eagle designs. Two of the first coins I ever bought (actually a birthday present) were those haha.

4. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Thanks, Rooman

5. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Very optimistic grading on the holders. Some things look more beautiful seen through seller's eyes.

swamp yankee and spirityoda like this.
  6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I liked the Great Britain.

7. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

pretty toning on the shilling.... i have a couple world silvers inbound myself!

8. afantiques

That shilling would be in my odds and ends box. EF and better silver from the war years is uncommonly common, possibly because a lot was hoarded because of wartime uncertainty and black market activity. Much of it did not come out of hiding till many years later, and it is still routine to find 1940s 50% silver coins looking remarkably presentable.
    Another factor was the Bunker Hunt silver ramp. Really huge amounts of coinage was trawled through to find pre 1947 silver, I did some myself, and even the greediest silver picker would put aside any high grade coins found, when the average circulated stuff entered the bullion trade. It made sense because you could get a small numismatic premium above the silver value. This meant that a lot of coins that would otherwise have circulated for a few more years stopped getting any wear at an unnaturally young age, and now exist in disproportionate numbers.

The events of history and other extraneous factors can have huge effect on the rarity and otherwise of coins.

9. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

I bought them only because I didnt have the types and the price was more then fair *again, didnt pay whats on the flips, far from it*. I did have a low grade aussie of that type was it was 1954, worn and scratched.

Its nice to break out of ancients now and then.

10. afantiques

Truly if you are used to millennia old coins these must count as dew fresh.

swamp yankee and Mat like this.
  11. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Haha pretty much.

Even something from the 1600s seems like 2000s to me.

12. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

The toning on that shilling is sweet

13. 49ers

49ers Junior Member

14. Spud Koolzip

Spud Koolzip Member

Too bad about the tarnish on that George VI shilling.

15. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Looks better in hand actually. Regular toning.

16. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

Great job. Those Nazi coins are very nice and IMHO "BEAUTIFUL" artistically speaking.

Draft saved Draft deleted