Four New Cents

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by dimeguy, Mar 7, 2013.

1. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

I recently purchased four new cents on Ebay. I was tired of posting in the New Acquisitions thread, so I thought I would create my own. The first cent arrived and the reverse is awesome, but the obverse leaves quite a bit more to be desired, so it will be returned. However cent #2 came today:

[​IMG]

I have always wanted a nice beautiful Woody. Yeah, probably overpaid, but it's what I wanted so I bought it. I will post the remaining two when they arrive, hopefully tomorrow.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. aubade21

aubade21 Well-Known Member

Beautiful coin. Congrats.
    Goodness knows I've also been known to overpay when I set my sites on a coin.
    I always tell myself I need to learn impulse control. (Especially when I see the same
    coin sell on ebay the following week for 10% cheaper!)

4. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Pretty nice woody!

A couple of hints: Look for woodgraining on both sides, when you flip it, the grain should be basically a mirror image. Keep an eye open for red coins with wood graining, they seem to be much harder to find than the browns. GOOD LUCK and keep showing us the wood!

5. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

6. pballer225

pballer225 Member

Careful how you word these things please, lol.

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

Think you might need to change your handle to CentGuy. :) Nice coin.

8. dimeguy

dimeguy Dime Enthusiast

I usually fair decently on Ebay. With enough time and searching I find a coin I would like to put in the collection. However, this week seemed to be a fail. I was led to believe all had clear fields and was strongly disappointed. Regardless, as promised, here are the other three cents, though will most likely be returned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted