Four Boxes of Halves

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Histman, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Millard

Millard Coindog

my bank charges to restock now. five percent. :( gonna have to try another bank.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Histman

Histman Too Many Coins, Not Enough Time!

Just an update on this interesting issue. So over the last three weeks, I have gotten 8 boxes of halves, including two today. Seven of the 8 boxes (including the two today) have been brand new 2020-D. Not sure what to make of this. Ahhh, coin collecting. :)

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  4. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

That sucks same with me I've been getting more new boxes within the last few months than I have since I've been a CRH for years .

noahhutch01 likes this.
  5. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

i wish i can get halves at all, i would gladly take and save all the high grade unc's, cannot order, will not order, i get diff, reasons, blah blah coin shortage, blah blah covid, always excuses, no results...

6. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Tell your bank that there are others who don't nickel and dime their customers.....and you want a waver of such fees or you will move your business.

Banks pray on customers who arent in the know! You're the customer they need to service your needs...not nickel and dime you.
    Banks can wave any fee's what so ever ....any branch manager should be kissing butt to keep your business.

Millard and Bill H. like this.
  7. Bill H.

Bill H. Active Member

8. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

What most do not understand about banks is this ...Once your established meaning a job, savings,401k, credit card etc...banks are interested in you...but if you"re lets say under paid ,starting out ,no savings, balance on your card, they want you but only to bleed you with fees.
    Oh you need a $1000.00 balance to have free checking any time you fall below its a fee. On and on loop holes fees that some cannot help because they don't have a $1000 bucks to let the bank hold indefinitely.

9. CoinTalkJim

CoinTalkJim Active Member

Well I got this at the bank when I was in middle school in the 50ies.

Attached Files:

10. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

I hope you are not purchasing them to find silver. I was told by my bank not to order them anymore if looking for silver. When the coins go to the main bank for rolling and re-distribution, ANY silver coins are removed and allegedly forwarded to the mint for re-melting. I DO NOT KNOW how accurate this is but I have purchased many boxes and found only a few 40% JFK's.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

11. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

This is 100% not true.

noahhutch01 and Histman like this.
  12. Histman

Histman Too Many Coins, Not Enough Time!

I, like many others, find silver frequently. Maybe not as much as I would like, but it's hit and miss. If somebody is responsible for pulling the silver out, they aren't doing a very good job. :)

furryfrog02 likes this.
  13. furryfrog02

I've seen pictures of boxes that are stamped "pre-sorted for silver" "NO SILVER" that have had multiple silver halves in them. People automatically assume that because they don't find anything in their small sample search that there is a big conspiracy to pull all the silver out.

Histman likes this.
  14. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Feast or famine

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  15. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

My favorite saying, when it comes to hunting. Feast or famine.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  16. Cheech9712

I just want a full roll to hand out to friends.

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  17. Cheech9712

I just got ten rolls of 2022 quarters. Going to keep a roll or 2. Sell back the rest. Must be a lucky year for me. @CoinJockey73 gave me my first one. That’s all I need. Only saving one book. I want a girl book just for myself. Will swap some P’s for D’s. H

furryfrog02 and CoinJockey73 like this.
  18. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

That's what I've been doing! ;)

19. furryfrog02

Nice on the 22's! Have yet to see them in my neck of the woods. Looking forward to collecting the series with my kids, especially my daughter.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  20. Cheech9712

If you need any let me know. I’m going to open at least 1 roll

21. furryfrog02

I'm hoping to get some boxes sooner rather than later. But I'll let you know.

Cheech9712 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted