founds this 1939 nickel in a roll today, ITs Pretty damn sharp DDO/DDR thoughts?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Danny Bulric, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Danny Bulric

Danny Bulric Active Member

so i dont believe this would get a full step designation, but i love it and close to it i think,im sure its not worth anything but i could be wrong but doubtful lol
    THOUGHTS? Looking at the date the star next to the Y in LIberty Looks to have minor doubling and the 1 in 1939 looks funky, i noticed doubling through put the whole coin on obverse and the reverse seen clearly the motto in GOD WE Trust, and on the reverse States shows doubling, ALso Im not sure but the window also and lastly Monticello looks to have doubling and TO THE RIGHT OF THE COIN ITS LOOKS LIKE A huge T or impression next to the building and the coloring is super weird like a golden organ-ish brown spot/ also have a few more photos to upload right after posting this
    :)
    AGAIN id thought everyones input on this nickel, its a keeper for me but maybe just maybe its holds some vaule lol IMG_5666(1).jpg IMG_5667.jpg IMG_5668.jpg IMG_5655.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Danny Bulric

Danny Bulric Active Member

MORe pictures of the 1939 nickel showing doubling of window

Attached Files:

4. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

To me it looks like a deteriorated die from overuse so the text is right up to the rim almost. This causes the doubling effects over time/use. No extra value. IMO, Jim

-jeffB, Kevin Mader and Shrews1994 like this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Minted by a worn die. Not a doubled die and not an error.

6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Nothing unusual, but still a pretty nice roll find.

7. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

It's a pre-WWII artifact of commerce. How cool is that!

Z

8. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

This is a common 1939 with the proper RDV. If it had a 1938 RDV it would have more value. Keep an eye open for those. I don’t see a DDO or a DDR here though. Nice condition for a circulation find. It’s worth setting aside.

9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Kevin Mader likes this.
  10. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

A DDO/DDR? You mean like two in one, two doubled dies paired on a coin? You could stand to learn something. We’ve a saying, here. Read and learn first, then take scores of pictures second. It saves lots of aggravation. It’s practical, as well. I mean, when you think about it, when you really think it over.

Draft saved Draft deleted