Found these 3 beauties today

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Cody Horton, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Cody Horton

Cody Horton Member

I work as a cashier and i always try to spot the older coins/money i see with the time i have lol but here is a 1905 V nickel, 1963 dime, and 1943 nickel.... Thoughts are appreciated thanks all who reply

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mike Davis

Mike Davis Well-Known Member

Nice finds. Nothing like paying attention.

4. Cody Horton

Cody Horton Member

Thanks lol and yeah it's pretty hard to go thru all the money we get because I'm constantly checking people out lol and the managers won't let me go thur it all after hours either lmao

Kentucky, Mike Davis and capthank like this.
  5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

While those are only about average (at best) in terms of condition, they're pretty darned nice for circulation finds (especially the 1905 nickel). Congrats!

6. Cody Horton

Cody Horton Member

Thanks!!! I hope to find more lol I've found a 1953 red stamp 2$ bill and a 1957 blue stamp but probably average as well lol

capthank likes this.
  7. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

Many people are hurting for money so some stuff socked away is beginning to see the light of day.

john65999, kkm, Mike Davis and 3 others like this.
  8. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

I've never seen a 1905 nickel in circulation.

Cody Horton and capthank like this.
  9. schnickelfritz48

schnickelfritz48 Well-Known Member

Cool finds, almost makes me want to apply for a cashier's position at Wal-Mart.

Cody Horton and LA_Geezer like this.
  10. tmeyer

tmeyer Au hunter

Welcome! Great finds!

Cody Horton likes this.
  11. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nice circulation finds.

Cody Horton likes this.
  12. Mike Thornton

Mike Thornton Learning something new everyday.

Nice finds.

Cody Horton likes this.
  13. Cody Horton

Cody Horton Member

Yeah i feel it was a lucky find most definitely and if I'm not mistaken it came from the bank in a roll of nickels but could've been from a customer not sure

enamel7 likes this.
  14. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

Those are nice finds. All I ever got when I was a cashier was a sore back and aching knees. :mad::mad:

LA_Geezer and Cody Horton like this.
  15. Cody Horton

Cody Horton Member

Yeah I'm lucky that i am still young lol but it is pretty difficult to go thru all the money you get while trying to check everyone out fast as possible

tibor likes this.
  16. goossen

goossen Senior Member

Great finds! I’m impressed by the 1905 5c.

Cody Horton likes this.
  17. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

The 53 $2 bill is a U.S. Treasury note (not a Federal Reserve note), and the 1957 blue seal ($1) is a silver certificate, both pretty common. But I'd keep them.

Cody Horton likes this.
  18. Cody Horton

Cody Horton Member

Thanks for the information !!! Have a nice day/night and i always keep something that's not so common for me lol

manny9655 likes this.
  19. Cody Horton

Cody Horton Member

Thanks lol i was amazed myself

20. Cody Horton

Cody Horton Member

Just found a 1905 indian head as well but very rough condition i think it has a coat of rust of some sort on it i guess the customer thought it was a regular penny..... Ever since they started saying there is a coin shortage I've been finding all kinds of neat coins from people

john65999 likes this.
  21. runninghorse1

runninghorse1 Member

Hi, glad that you are finding a few older U.S. coins, but BE VERY CAREFUL not to tick off the bosses. A few worn coins from the cash drawer are NOT worth losing your job! Of course, follow the rules around money handling and keep the bosses happy. You will be able to spend a few of your hard-earned dollars at your local coin shop and buy yourself something really choice and meaningful. Job = paycheck = coins, food, rent, gas, bills. NO JOB = No coins, worry, fear, depression and food banks.

tibor and manny9655 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted