Found silver in change cup at Quick Chek in NJ

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by runninghorse1, Jan 30, 2021.

1. runninghorse1

runninghorse1 Member

Two days ago, I'm in line at the self-scan check out kiosk at Quick Check to buy a snack for the long commute home. The guy in line in front of me finished and left the store. He seemed to be in a hurry and he left a quarter in the change cup at the kiosk. I thought, "cool! I just got a free quarter..." I scanned my snack and inserted my cash to pay. My change included a few coins that jangled out of the coin shoot and dropped right on top of the abandoned quarter that was already in the change cup. I heard that "familiar" high-pitched sound of a silver coin clinking when dropped. I noticed and remembered that familiar sound, but didn't search the coins until I got home. Sure enough! The freebie quarter was a 1964-P 90% silver quarter in very nice shape. Maybe some heir of a coin collection had no use for the "spare change" and just spent it? It will join some fellow survivors in my coin tube of 90% silver quarters shortly!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Love the clank. Music to my ears.

Inspector43 likes this.
  4. runninghorse1

runninghorse1 Member

Yes sir! Mine too. I was NOT thinking about silver or coins, rather getting some grub and getting on the road for 90 minute commute through Jersey. Heard the "clank" and it was unmistakable.

Matthew Kruse and Inspector43 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted