Found my 1970 Small Dateam but wondering...

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Fee, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Ordinary Fool

Ordinary Fool Active Member

But that doesn't address the fact that many tote phones having a camera far superior to their photographs they post. If not, most have a decent point and shoot.

There is nothing wrong with the notion that somebody who knows nothing about coins snaps a picture and gets online opinions.

First step is to learn to take a useful coin picture which isn't just as easy as snapping candids at a birthday party.

I won't even ask Setree if he really believes this "perfectly good picture" is really with sufficient data to determine DDD, MD, or even a bonafide DD.

Everyone looking at that picture KNOWS it isn't any of the above.

To use such a picture to sell online, ebay or wherever, assuming say it was a valuable variety, not a chance in hades.

But yet, pix just like these consistently sell the experts here into biting.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Ok, I know it is Saturday night, and many are 'relaxing', but stop this line now. Most of you have hijacked the original thread with your childish bickering, and have been more than rude to the OP. Get back to the original . If you see nothing in the photo, then say so once and move on. If you see anything ( which was her original questioning), say so without the side hysterics. if you want to continue with the photo quality line, start your own thread in general discussion. Don't push it. Jim

Fee and brokecoinguy like this.
  4. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

You may find this amusing or perhaps you won't believe me but.......

......when I started collecting, we graded coins from drawings, not photographs.

Fee likes this.
  5. Fee

Fee Member

6. Fee

Fee Member

Wow. Omg so much drama on coin collecting sites, who knew? This is like Anchor Man with newscasters, do you all have knife fights in alleys too?I think this is very funny because I used to debate in political forums and you rude trolls are so adorable thinking your being all clever and stuff. Any who, here is my 1970 S Small Date. Sorry for delay but I do have things to do during day. Thanks to all who had my back and also gave knowlegable answers, even the kittens attempting sarcasm and rudeness, this thread made me lol.
    20170624_065300.jpg

Attached Files:

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  7. Fee

Fee Member

Thank you, you're awesome.

8. Fee

Fee Member

Thanks. :shame:

9. Fee

Fee Member

Ha! I'm gullible so I'm afraid to say I believe you and look even more naive. :bag:

10. Fee

Fee Member

I posted it at bottom.

11. Tyler Graton

Tyler Graton Well-Known Member

I dont mean to burst your bubble, but thats not a 1970 S small date! wish it was! 1970S SD-LDa.jpg

12. Fee

Fee Member

I feel like you got a little pleasure out of bursting my bubble. Aw shucks.:meh: Hehe. Alright well thanks for informing me. I'm sorting all of my pennies I've got now by year including 8 rolls to get to. Let's hope one is in there. Thanks Ttyl.

13. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Don't be subdued, many people have difficulty with this particular group of coins. They are not impossible to find, but they are quite scarce, thus the value difference. Once I went through a complete original 5000 coin 1970-S mint/bank bag of cents and found exactly none. I did find a number of other varieties in the bag. You may find it interesting someday for reading. Jim

http://www.cointalk.com/t88810/

https://www.cointalk.com/t89221/

Draft saved Draft deleted