Found in Circulation

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by joesmom, Sep 6, 2005.

1. BostonMike

BostonMike Senior Member

I've only got 7 so i'm still in the keep everything phase.

2 of the 7 are a seried 1935E in CU and a '76 $2 in CU, so i really only have 5 circ grab stars

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BostonMike

BostonMike Senior Member

Got a series 1995 $10 today.

This one i might hang onto for a week and then just spend it.

4. Coinlover

Coinlover The Coin Collector

got a 1981 dollar tuesday, probaly just spend it.

5. BostonMike

BostonMike Senior Member

An '81 i would save..only because that's the year i was born. :)

6. TheBigH

TheBigH Senior Member

The bank didn't have any penny rolls yesterday, so I got $25 in ones, and I found another Barr note! I'm not sure how to grade currency, but it's really in quite nice condition. Probably very fine or so.

7. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

great find TheBigH. One thig about Barr notes. Years ago, when they were released, alot of folks saved them due to the short period of time he had that job. So, a ton were saved. Over the years, because so many were saved, the value didnt shoot up as high as some might have thought. Over time, some just get released back into circulation.... so, finding a nice Barr note in pretty decent shape is possibly more common then finding a note from say the late 70's.

This is of course my perception, and is subject to change without notice :D

8. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

I figured i would revive this thread instead of starting a new one :p

I went to the bank today to get a couple bundles on $1 notes. I didnt find any stars, which is a bit unusual, BUT i did take a time machine back to the 80's!! take a look-
    1981 K45471477B Good
    1988A G45241205J Very good
    1988A G86170392F Extremely Fine
    1988A F92567048X Fine

i also picked out 2 2006 notes from different districts that were in choice condition!

then, take a look at some of these serials :D
    2003A C00071967C EV (lots of zeros)
    2003A D51744444C very good (look at al those 4's)
    2003A E52985982G Fine (so dang close to being a repeater)

I am keeping all the 80's notes, without a doubt! But what does everyone think on the fancy serials? I know they will never be worth a premium because they are not the real things, but still, they are cool lol

9. djbuna

djbuna Member

Found this "cool" number in my car wash bills today-G80000005G 99.08% cool lol
    Also started putting star notes back 147 bills (1 $10., 3 $5.) in the past few months.

10. GaryBurke

GaryBurke Senior Member

Somebody bought a Kennedy Half from a dealer, and then decided to spend it.

Today's find...

2007 Kennedy Half, P, BU.

11. GaryBurke

GaryBurke Senior Member

Whoops, my apologies.

My above post went in the wrong section.

Sorry about that!

12. Coinlover

Coinlover The Coin Collector

nice find! that is definatly worth a premuim. :kewl:

13. KLJ

KLJ Really Smart Guy

Found a Barr note the other day. From the Chicago FRB

14. GaryBurke

GaryBurke Senior Member

Weren't found in circulation -- at least by me.

However, our youngest son just gave me five 20 Pence pieces accumulated during his recent stay in England.

This got me looking through a suitcase used during a recent trip to Europe. In the suitcase I found a couple bank notes. One English, and one from Scotland.

Next time I stop at Barnes and Noble, I intend to buy a book dealing with foreign currency so that I can learn more about the paper money picked up during trips outside the country.

15. gatzdon

gatzdon Numismatist

Me, I get 20 pence pieces in rolls of nickels. It used to bother me, but then I find out they are worth ~40¢ and I don't mind so much anymore.

Now when I got an older Mexican 1¢ coin and find out it's worth $0.0000009334, I guess I can understand why they don't redeem them anymore.

16. bzcollektor

bzcollektor SSDC Life Member

Got 4 consecutive C $1.00 star notes. Slight handle crinkles. I will moisten and press them flat.

I won`t sell them. They are 99.9% CU anyway. They are for my private reserve.......

17. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

dont get them wet, and press them. that is crazy talk. you could make the ink leech all over the place. leave the notes be, they will look so much more natual!!!

18. risk_reward

risk_reward Active Member

A few years back, I received a 1957 $1 silver certificate star from WalMart.

19. bzcollektor

bzcollektor SSDC Life Member

The ink will never leech with real currency. These just have slight handeling crinkles. No sharp folds.
    I won`t sell them, it is not like I`m deceiving anyone. Apparently WAWA pre-crinkles their new packs of notes so that the cashiers don`t have to deal with the stuck together new notes syndrome. I have done it before with a run of 4 star notes. Like I said, these are already 99.9% CU. These notes have minimal value, it`s not like I`m making an older note into something it is not amd increasing the value 10-fold.

This process is so easy and fool-proof with slightly crinkeled small size notes. I recently bought a run of 4 consecutive 1934 "Funnybacks". I was happy to pay a market price for these with "slight handeling" as opposed to paying a super premium for CU63-65. I would never risk ruining any note worth more than a few dollars over face value. Or pay a premium with a note that may be iffy....

20. vipergts2

vipergts2 Jester in hobby of kings

Oops wrong thread!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted