Found in Circulation

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by joesmom, Sep 6, 2005.

1. silver surfer

silver surfer Senior Member

I recently bought a 2003 1$ STAR NOTE from an online dealer for 4$.
    So i would say 10$ per note is waaay high.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. WingNut

WingNut New Member

Hi All, I recently picked up 2 nice bills in my change,,they came about a month apart and from 2 different stores,#00013024 & 00013895...the 1st is a 2003 and the second a 2003a,both from new york,,,theyre pretty crispy and tucked away now,lol,,wow almost forgot,they go withthe 00025002, 2003a and the 00058193, 2003,that i already had,,,havnt seen a thing since then,,lucks run out for awhile.lol

4. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

recently i got another start note.
    this one only has 00 in front, but still :)

5. silver surfer

silver surfer Senior Member

One of the checkers at my local Safeway looks for collectable's and found this 1934 $20 yesterday.
    He asked me to try and determine a value,checking E-bay and the Whitman price guide it seems to be
    worth only a small premium over face, perhaps $30 at best in this condition.
    Still cool to find in circulation.

Attached Files:

6. lawdogct

lawdogct Coin Collector

Time to bring this thread back to the front page :)

I broke a 20$ today for a bagel and received 3 $5s as part of my change.

2003A - nothing remarkable
    1995 - hey this guys been around for a little while, in better shape than the 2003A too.
    1988A - Woah...how did this tattered old guy dodge the Fed burners for so long?

Probably not much worth keeping, but fun to find.

7. lawdogct

lawdogct Coin Collector

$1 1981 C 89044334 A

Received this in change at the same place as the 1988A $5. Someone must have found money in Grandma's old purse.

8. TheBigH

TheBigH Senior Member

Sold some things at a local flea market saturday and sunday, and I found a series 1995 $1 (soon they will be getting destroyed, when the bighead Washingtons come out), a common series 2001 $10 star note, and a series 1988 A small head $20 bill, as well as a few bicentennial quarters that I just keep as an instinct. I also found a $10 bill on the ground! I looked around for the guy who lost it, but no one was around, so I scooped it up and used it to replace the $10 star.

Speaking of the flea market, I put together sets of a bicentennial half, quarter and $2 bill that I've been saving up for a while, and I made some fancy envelopes and sold them for $3.50 each. I sold two. At first I wasn't going to sell them, but I figured that an extra 75 cents for all the work it took to make the envelopes and the signs wasn't ripping people off.

9. BostonMike

BostonMike Senior Member

Got myself a Series 1985 $1 the other day :)

10. GaryBurke

GaryBurke Senior Member

I found a Polish coin in my pocket. Interesting. It's a long way from Poland to western Colorado.

The obverse features an eagle, and the words Rzeczpospolita Polska On the reverse: 20 Groszy.

11. GaryBurke

GaryBurke Senior Member

I aplogise for the above post. Wrong forum.

Sorry.

12. gatzdon

gatzdon Numismatist

Was the back plate number 295?

13. TheBigH

TheBigH Senior Member

Nope, the back plate number on the $20 is 268. I don't know what that matters, though.

14. gatzdon

gatzdon Numismatist

Nevermind, I was thinking $1 bill, just having a whatchamakallit episode.......

15. lawdogct

lawdogct Coin Collector

1999 series $20 star. First star I've found in awhile.

16. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

havent found anything good recently (but I get my paycheck this week and am going to cash it, so we'll see)
    i did find a star note though, but not a "good" one, in my opinion.

17. BostonMike

BostonMike Senior Member

Found today

Series 1988-A $1

F32020514V

Pretty damn good condition too...on par with the series 2003-A notes i had in my pocket. Only way i noticed was specifically lookig for the series as i always do.

I had a streak where i was finding a star note every couple weeks....and now i haven't found one in 5 months :(

18. Coinlover

Coinlover The Coin Collector

me too! :kewl:i haven't gotton 1 in 6 months now! :vanish:

19. BostonMike

BostonMike Senior Member

drought is over

Today in change

Series 1999 BF 19666586* My 6th devil note! (666)

I also got a series 1995 $1

20. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Quickly BostonMike..Burn that sucka!

RickieB

21. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

Honestly it's to the point now I just place stars back in circulation. Get too expensive to keep. I've found over 20+ in circualtion. But still keep any that are neat. Post my recent finds here. Other day found a radar note, and a nice Barr note too. Radar note serial is 53388335. Pic here:

[​IMG]

Phoenix :cool:

Draft saved Draft deleted