Found an Ohio Stamped Penny today....

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by gold_digger2011, Jul 16, 2011.

1. gold_digger2011

gold_digger2011 New Member

I thought this was pretty cool. I puchased 100 rolls of pennies a couple days ago. I went through a bunch of rolls and eventually come across this. Looks like someone had too much time on there hands :too-funny: Sorry it's a bit blurry....

105_1209.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

You can buy sets of these with all the states. If you go through the older threads here you'll find others that have found various states.

Always fun to find things like this.

4. gold_digger2011

gold_digger2011 New Member

Really? Haha, Are they worth anymore than the average penny?

5. lunar lord

lunar lord Junior Member

i live in ohio :)

6. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

No

7. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

They're just novelties Digger and really have little value. They're still kind of cool though and it would be nice to have a complete set of them.

Bruce

8. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

You also find them with hearts, crosses and Lincoln smoking a pipe.

9. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

You will also see them with a bust of Kennedy stamped on them, and those ones originally were attached to a card with list of non-remarkable and partially false similarities between Lincoln and Kennedy. I've found them also with the Liberty Bell, I think, and an outline of the country with USA in the middle.
    I save them all, I kind of like them, but I only have 3 or 4. They're worth what somebody would pay, so it's possible you could sell them to somebody, but it's doubtful. It is PMD after all.

10. omahaorange

omahaorange Active Member

My local dealer saves them for me. I think they're cool. I've got them with states, pipe-smoking, Kennedy portrait, Masonic symbols, you name it. The other day he found me one with the words "Four score and..." in a cartoon bubble stamped on the cent.

11. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

Found a nickel with "JESUS" stamped into the back of it. Some people have a lot of time on their hands! lol

12. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

13. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I have found several of them doing cent box searches, along with Masonic pennies, lords prayer, Kennedy etc. Most of them seemed to have been done in the mid 1970's as they are the most common dates I find.

14. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

The set I have is completely 1976s except for the last two (Wyoming and Washington I think) which are 1975s. I gave a smaller set of the thirteen colonies away in a contest that were all dated 1995 so its still being done. I also have a masonic, smoke pipe, and a lincoln-kennedy that I pulled out of circulation.

15. CAL

CAL Member

SUNsdP0005.jpg Here's my Kennedy/Lincoln novelty. Is there a series of stamps out there people can buy to produce coins like this?

Draft saved Draft deleted