Found a Radar at Work Today~31222213~

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by clembo, Dec 14, 2010.

1. clembo

clembo A closed mind is no mind

So I found a radar at work today. This is kind of funny considering I work in a coin shop and we sell paper money as well.

I have found three radars in my life. Two at the shop in the cash drawer in the last two years.

My boss likes to make money but I wonder just what he has given out as change or payment over the years. I'm more into the "modern" paper than anyone there so I notice things he wouldn't.

I have on occasion pulled notes out of the drawer and put them in our case for sale. Currently there is a 1996 AH-* $20 note in the case that I yanked out of the drawer. TOUGH note to find yet there it was to be spent.

I spotted this radar when I was about to pay a guy $82 for some stuff he sold us. I looked at the 2222 part and told him it would be good for liar's poker. Then I looked closer and pointed out the radar. He thought it was cool but no real interest so I replaced it with $20 from my wallet.
    I like radars especially at face value.

Here's the note in question.

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Shoewrecky

Shoewrecky Coin Hoarder

Congratz on the nice find...still waiting for 1 myself.

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Dan da man......:)

5. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Looks like a winner!

6. krispy

krispy krispy

WTG! A really nice catch and the condition doesn't appear all that bad either.

7. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

8. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

That is Nice!:thumb:

9. mac266

mac266 Well-Known Member

Does "radar" mean the serial number is a palindrome? I'm not a paper guy so I don't know the terminology, but I did notice your serial number is a palindrome.

10. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

A radar works by an electromagnetic wave reflecting off an object. Likewise, a radar note has a "reflecting" serial number. In this case, 3122 - 2213

Draft saved Draft deleted